Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scam ?

Doesn’t Amazon accept returns from their third party sellers? I don’t recall if I’ve ever returned a third party item but the few items I have returned have been painless and free. The last item I returned didn’t even have to be boxed and shipped. Just took them and an Amazon supplied QR code to the closest UPS or Kohl’s store to drop off unwrapped.
    My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

That would be hard for me. My health has really gone downhill this past year, I am down to 40/50 % lung function, walking even 30 ft with my walker is hard.
    I never said what I was going to do if anything, I was just asking how it could be a scam or not. The vendor has over 3000 sales with a 4 1/2 star rating. His e-mail is somewhat suspect help.amazonsevice@gmail.com
    Last edited by Scott Donley; 02-11-2021 at 1:42 PM.
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Return it for a refund. My wife takes Amazon returns to a local Kohls store. Her fave store.
    Maybe edit the review regarding sellers communications and up the rating to a 2.

I always read the 4 star ratings when shopping.
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 02-12-2021 at 1:38 PM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Maybe I am missing something. You are obviously dissatisfied. He trying to make good by refunding your money. If he does that you are okay and can delete your review.
    I would have already returned the product for a refund, but if you didn't, this is easier.
    I don't see that your address is valuable enough to scam for.

Why should he delete his review? The product performance was poor, that's what he based his review on. Whether he gets a refund or not does not change the fact that the product did not perform. One of my pet peeves is people who give a product a 5 star review because it was delivered on time, had a good price, was well packaged and not damaged in transit BUT haven't used it yet. Maybe Amazon reviews should be split into two categories, the purchase/delivery experience and the performance of the product. While I appreciate a good buying experience I'm much more interested in whether the product works, if it doesn't it doesn't deserve a positive review. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Why should he delete his review? The product performance was poor, that's what he based his review on. Whether he gets a refund or not does not change the fact that the product did not perform. One of my pet peeves is people who give a product a 5 star review because it was delivered on time, had a good price, was well packaged and not damaged in transit BUT haven't used it yet. Maybe Amazon reviews should be split into two categories, the purchase/delivery experience and the performance of the product. While I appreciate a good buying experience I'm much more interested in whether the product works, if it doesn't it doesn't deserve a positive review. Period.
    The best reviews are the ones that follow up a month or two later and update on the item. Sometimes they are more pleased then they first reviewed and sometimes not. Sometimes they give more detail on how it's functioning but are happy with it. I agree that if one hasn't actually used it why are they leaving a review?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Could it be those are all reviews written by those who got their money back by changing their review to a positive review?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I think some of the premature reviews are a result of prompts from Amazon by email to post a review. On more than one occasion I got an email from Amazon asking me to post a review before I actually got the item. I guess their tracking system doesn't always sync with their review system. I don't recall ever posting a review because I don't believe in reviewing something until I have used it for a few months and by then I never think of posting a review. I have answered a few questions on products I have used for a while in response to emails from Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    Hi, I bought an indoor antenna , amplified, that did no better than my old cheapy non amplified one. I left a 1 star review. I got this email yesterday, what's the scam ? He already has my name and e-mail, no links other than the one to my review. So, what gives ?

Hello!
    My name is Michael,
    I noticed you had a bad experience with our HDTV Antenna, and you left a negative review on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-r...SIN=B07FVLXHYV

I am sorry that you are disappointed, and we want to smooth this inconvenience out for you. Therefore, I have 3 options to choose between for you:

1 - Full refund (no need to send the unit)
    2 - 2 new HDTV Antennas as a gift
    3 -$50 Amazon gift card

Just reply to this email with the number of option that is the most relevant to you. The only thing we ask you is to delete the review. We hope you will be happy enough with our offer to do it.

We are a small family company and we strive to ensure that the expectations of each of our customers are satisfied.
    We will do our best to improve our product and customer service in the future.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you!
    Thank you in advance!

Kind Regards,
    Michael
    Option 1 is in any case available to you from Amazon.

2 and 3 seems like an effort to get negative review removed. I would forward it to customer care.