Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incra Miter Gauge

I can't take credit for this but I made my Incra tool free.
    yueubvFh.jpg

INCRA now stocks the ratcheting knobs shown on Cary Falk's miter gauge: https://www.incra.com/jig_fixture-bu...het_knobs.html

They are well worth it!

Another one that might be worth looking into is the Harvey MG-36. Not cheap! Been eyeing it myself recently and I have the 1000SE already. Been eyeing the 5000 too, but not sure if I should go that way or just build a cross cut sled. I do have a Katz-Moses stop block coming.
    If over thinking was an Olympic event, I'd win Gold every time!

Blog Entries
    I have the Incra 1000HD. I use it when I want to make perfect 45's. It is a great jig.
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

I found using the Miter Set that my 1000HD was off just a bit. My Miter Set with the Jessem has been spot on.

I have the 5000 miter sled and it is simple to use, very accurate, easy to store and put on the saw table( relative to a large DIY type sled). I made an "infeed" table with a miter slot--supported by a roller stand--so I can cut panels ~32" in width. My ICS is left tilt so I can't make angled cuts tho. I normally am too cheap to "invest " in this type of shop accessory but it was part of an estate shop buy out and it has proven to be a real winner. I would buy it now knowing how well it has worked for me. Good luck shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sutherland View Post
    I found using the Miter Set that my 1000HD was off just a bit. My Miter Set with the Jessem has been spot on.
    So are you able to adjust the 1000HD using the MiterSet? I am considering the JessEm but it is a bit more money. If it is better it is worth it. My main use is for picture frames and segments for segmented turning.

Quote Originally Posted by John C Bush View Post
    I have the 5000 miter sled and it is simple to use, very accurate, easy to store and put on the saw table( relative to a large DIY type sled). I made an "infeed" table with a miter slot--supported by a roller stand--so I can cut panels ~32" in width. My ICS is left tilt so I can't make angled cuts tho. I normally am too cheap to "invest " in this type of shop accessory but it was part of an estate shop buy out and it has proven to be a real winner. I would buy it now knowing how well it has worked for me. Good luck shopping.
    I like the sled concept combined with the miter gauge. I was originally looking at this one as well as the 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Zeller View Post
    There's a little bit of a learning curve to the 1000 HD for doing fractions of a degree. Once you understand what to do it's pretty easy. But until then you might be looking at the directions a few times. Mine was given to me as a Christmas present but now that I have it I don't use any of the other miter gauges I have. The only thing I don't like is the fence needs to be slid sideways to avoid the blade hitting it when the blade is tilted. It's a 3/16 hex head screw so you have to have an Allen wrench. It's not something I keep at the table saw so it usually requires me to fumble through the tool drawer. One of these days I'll get a T handle and make a spot on the saw for it to stay or try to convert it to a thumb screw.
    Why not epoxy a magnet to the back of the gauge with the allen key you need. I have the 1000SE and keep my allen key in my file cabinet with my saw blades, so it's within reach when i need to adjust mine.

Hi Rich,
    It is great for making accurate, repetitive cuts--especially for small parts, and for getting panels squared easily. . I was going to build a panel sled but haven't needed one
    with the "infeed" extension table. Best feature for me is ease of use. I stow it under the fence table (52") and can get it on the table, dial in the cuts and restow quickly. Much easier than a panel sled. Good luck,

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sutherland View Post
    Just like most tools they need to be calibrated at first use. If your saying it's spot on at 90 and off at any other angle then you should have contacted Incra. Here's a link for calibrating and setting up.

https://go.rockler.com/tech/Incra-Mi...uge-Manual.pdf

I was able to adjust the 1000HD. It wasn’t fully seared in one of their “grooves” but I was able to tighten it. I really like Jessem products.