Thread: Trunnion adjustment on Craftsman TS

Trunnion adjustment on Craftsman TS

Hey all,
    I have had a Craftsman 22114 Table Saw for a while now and was checking the miter slot to saw blade accuracy this morning. They are out of parallel by about .010".
    My problem, I cannot figure out which bolts under the top to loosen to make the necessary adjustments and my owners manual does not even address it!

Can someone out there give me some guidance, I do not want to loosen the wrong bolts!

Thanks
    "Don't call me a Perfectionist, that's not quite the right word."

You want the bolts that hold the top on, not the bolts that hold the trunnions. Hopefully the pic below will help make it clearer. As you stand at the front of the saw - on the right side under the motor cover door, it's the two bolts closest together. On the left side it's the two bolts farthest apart near the corners. In other words, loosen the bolt heads that you see and not the nut that's threaded on the shaft.

You only need to loosen them enough to allow the top to be tapped into place a bit. I found this procedure to be very easy...10 minutes tops. When you retighten the bolts, I'd snug one bolt a little, then another, then another, and go back and tighten them fully after snugging all of them up.
    Last edited by scott spencer; 01-22-2006 at 6:06 PM.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Big Thanks

Scott,
    Thanks a lot, I was originally not going to ask the question because it seemed like the nuts were the ones to be looosened. So glad that I asked!
    Thanks for the time you took for the under cabinet picture also. Too late for me to start this tonight but will do it tomorrow.
    Thanks again.
    "Don't call me a Perfectionist, that's not quite the right word."

Just as Scott said, Page 28 and 29 in my manual, figure 17B-1 and 17B-2, Good luck
    Sometimes we see what we expect to see, and not what we are looking at! Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Berg
    Scott,
    Thanks a lot, I was originally not going to ask the question because it seemed like the nuts were the ones to be looosened. So glad that I asked!
    Thanks for the time you took for the under cabinet picture also. Too late for me to start this tonight but will do it tomorrow.
    Thanks again.
    You're welcome, but I've gotta fess up on the pic....I borrowed it from a previous discussion...I think Bart Leetch actually went to a store to take the pic to put a debate to rest about whether or not the trunnion was actually cabinet mounted. Looks like they are...
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....