Thread: Wood in N. AL, S. TN

Wood in N. AL, S. TN

I made a trip the other day over to Scottsboro to the Hardwood Center off of Hwy 72 and came away feeling like a kid in a candy store! I am not really up on pricing but my buddy who took me there said they were a bit high but that all of there stuff was top grade and they had plenty of it. I saw woods that I didn't even know existed. So if you are in need of quality wood and a large selection and live in the N. Al, S. TN area you might want to give them a look. You can check the web site out at:
    http://www.hardwoodcenter.com/
    They are very knowledgeable and friendly to boot! Their big business is selling flooring of every description and cabinet materials, but they also cater to the small hobbiest who like to turn or make furniture.

PS I have no affiliation with this company.

Hi Jack,

great post and a very nice website for this outfit. One thing, can you quote any of the prices? I live in Nashville but, could easily swing by this place if they had a bargain. What did you buy?

Jack, thanks for the link. I have been by there several times on my way to west Tennessee, but never stopped in. They look like they have some good stuff there. We will have to stop by there and check them out.

Jack,
    We have a daughter living and working in Montgomery that we vist often and friends in North Alabama. Looks like a place well worth visiting on one of our many trips up that way. I grew up in East Central Alabama and still own property up in that area of the state. Does this outfit have a published price list? Thanks for posting the information.
    Leo
    Last edited by Luther Oswalt; 01-07-2006 at 3:40 PM.

hardwood center

Sorry guys about my remembering prices I went with a freind who was looking for ebony to make turkey calls with and as turkey call makers are just this side of crazy he didn't see what he wanted. I wasn't in the need for anything soI just drooled on things. I can tell you that I saw Yellow heart boards 12" wide 10' long, purpleheart 10"x15 walnut slabs that were 4" thick 3 foot wide and 6 foot long and so on and so on. It made my head spin!
    Last edited by Jack Wood; 01-07-2006 at 11:40 PM.

Luther their site is pretty basic and I don't think that they list prices. Chris I think that it would be worth the drive if you wanted a nice ride down to Alabama and good lumber to boot! Same for you Jim, it would be a short side trip. Happy woodworking!