I've had an ongoing problem for over a year now with my outgoing email getting bounced as spam. My domain server has me on a shared IP account, and a bad apple has caused my ("our") IP address to be listed on Spamcop and every other spam police setup. My server company's 1 of 2 remedies is for me to forward bounce notices to them and they will contact my mail recipient(s) and ask them to un-blacklist my email address. Whoopee, I can, and do, do that myself. Problem is, I only get about 1 bounce notice for every 20 bounces, and un-blacklisting doesn't seem to work anyway. Their 2nd remedy is for me to pay for a separate gmail account; they're in cahoots with Google because of this problem. I have enough Google intrusion in my life and refuse to pay for more.

I could change hosts, but the thought of moving my domain to another host makes me cringe...

I've done a little research on just setting up my own email server. Found a few of how-to web pages & programs, but it's a bit confusing, lots of software and other options...

Just wondering if anyone has done this? My needs are simple, I have no employees, I've used an email program for years I really like called OEClassic, which nicely emulates OE on newer computers. I've never done IMAP and don't want or need to...

TIA for any suggestions!