Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source for 6" Flex Dust Collection Hose

1. Source for 6" Flex Dust Collection Hose

So far, I haven't found many souces for flexible dust collection hose larger than 4". Wynn Environmental is one (see http://www.wynnenv.com/flexible_hose.htm).

Anyone know of any others? Wynn's looks fine, and the prices look OK too. But if I can find someone closer to home I'll save on shipping.

Mine all came from Oneida. Although not inexpensive, it's very high quality. Air Handling Systems also is a reliable source, albeit also expensive.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

believe it or not griz carries polyurethane hose.

Try www.airhand.com

Lots of flex and ridgid pipe. Everthing you could need for a dust collection system.

Kent

Frank, I got my 6" flex-hose from WynnEnvironmental in Pennsylvania. I also got my dust filter cartridges from them. Nice people.
    Last edited by Ken Garlock; 01-07-2006 at 2:04 PM.
    Best Regards, Ken

Any of you guys know of anybody who sells short lenghts of 6" flex?

I really don't want to buy 10 feet when I only need 6 inches.

Right now I'm using tape to connect my cyclone to the dust bin and it's a pain to have to re-tape every time I want to empty the can.

If you need that little, what about a 6" rubber pipe joint that has band clamps at each end? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell
    If you need that little, what about a 6" rubber pipe joint that has band clamps at each end? Jim.

That's a good idea. I should have thought of it myself. However I wonder if the ID will be too big? I'll check it out today at the Borg.

Thanks Jim

9. I had forgotten that Oneida sells it also. Thanks, Jim. Oneida, Air Handling, and Wynn are both in "zone 8" areas for me, so shipping will be expensive. Grizz is here on the west coast, but I can't find it on their web site.

I'll have to check with my friends in the HVAC business; there has to be a west coast distributor or dealer somewhere!

I got most of my flex hose and clamps from www.mcmaster.com , very fast shipping and decent prices.

I bought my 6" from Amazon. It is Jet brand..........

Carl, welcome to the Creek. I see this was your 2nd post. Hey, do I win anything for knowing where Pottsboro is??? I guess I could tell folks it's just down the road from Fink, TX, huh? I spent a couple years at Grayson County Junior College on a track scholarship. We ran a lot of our workouts at Pottsboro high school. One of our members was Blaine West from Pottsboro. I think he's a dentist now in the Sherman area. Anyway, had to go down memory lane there for a moment. Again, glad to have you here at the Creek. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Flex hose

Frank,
    I just emailed wynn about the 6" hose and shipping cost and they told me that shipping for 25 feet of 6" would only be $20.00 or so. Seems they have a warehouse or supplier in Huntington Beach. Also, their price per foot was pretty much the best I found, including a local place in Sacramento.

Gary Jacuk

14. Quote Originally Posted by Gary Jacuk
    Frank,
    I just emailed wynn about the 6" hose and shipping cost and they told me that shipping for 25 feet of 6" would only be $20.00 or so. Seems they have a warehouse or supplier in Huntington Beach. Also, their price per foot was pretty much the best I found, including a local place in Sacramento.
    Thanks, Gary! That is much less than I expected it to be. I didn't think their prices for the flex were bad at all, but shipping costs have gone up quite a bit with the increase in gas costs and I "assumed" it would be expensive for them to ship (my Dust Gorilla is costing $188 to ship via UPS from NY to CA).

DC pipe

Nic, If all you need is 6" write me a note and I will send you piece. I have about 18' laying around and I can spare 6". Happy splinters

Jeff Singleton