Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Contributions - Reminder

2006 Contributions - Reminder

2006 Contributions
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <o></o><!--[endif]-->
    As many recall, we had a little fund drive back a bit. I got involved because I was upset with myself for sitting on my hindquarters too long until there was an emergency. Those of you who read my posts back then may recall that I said I would be reminding folks when it came time to think about yearly operating costs. That time is approaching.
    Our yearly operating costs will be in the neighborhood of $1,300 to $1,400. We had just over 250 Creekers respond to the emergency fundraiser. If we set our goal at $1,500 for the year, and we have 250 Creekers contribute, we would have to contribute $6 each. This should easily cover the yearly operating costs. Because of the great response we had with the emergency fundraiser, there is no need to contribute extra. We have plenty in the coffers for special projects and emergencies. Also, I can guarantee there will be more than 250 respond, so we will probably add a bit to the special funds account. By the way, $6 is 50 cents a month.
    I think this is important so that we never get in the situation we had when it looked like the site may close. We can insure the future of this site with a very small contribution if we all take part. I’ve PM’d Keith and we have a little different attitude towards a fundraiser. I (the fun loving guy who is looking for a way to combat cabin fever) would like a little “event.” Keith (who is much too hard working – notice how long it took him to go out on the town) thinks we ought to just let it trickle in. He says we’re getting 2 – 5 contributions a week now. Well, it’s my thread and the last PM from Keith said do what I think is best. He doesn’t know what he’s in for.
    Keith and I both agreed we shouldn’t be doing a fundraiser during Christmas. Then we all have to regroup after Christmas and New Year’s. So, here’s the plan. On February 1<sup>st</sup>, at 1 second after midnight EST,of January 31<sup>st</sup>, I’m going to contribute my $6. Then I’m going to start a thread saying I did (2006 Contributions, NOW!!!). The goal will be to get 250 contributions of $6 in the shortest amount of time and to be one of the first 250 contributors. (The first 250 will get the prize of bragging rights) When you contribute, whether it be with the donate button, PayPal, snail-mail, or any other way, post that you did. That way, all we have to do is look at the number of posts, and we’ll know approximately how much money was contributed. I say approximately because many of you can’t help yourself and will contribute more. Then, when the goal is reached, we can all sit back and toast ourselves with our favourite brew (or carrot juice in my case, eh Frank). What a way to combat cabin fever!! (Not that you in the southern climes know what I’m talking about) Of course, if you want to contribute earlier, or later, or not at all, that’s fine.
    I’ll put out a couple of reminders till then. (This is the first reminder)

What: Contributions
    When: February 1st, 12:01 EST

Remember, $6 is plenty. No need for more!!
    This is a great site, and ya’ll are great. Let’s make sure the site has a steady, stable source for funding so there are no more emergencies.
    Thanks, John
    <!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--><!--[endif]--><o></o>
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig --> __________________
    Last edited by John Bailey; 01-11-2006 at 5:22 AM.
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

Thanks for the reminder John , and I will see if I can find carrot juice somewhwre for the 1st of February

Snail mail option

John,

Hopefully you'll include details on how to donate via snail-mail in one of your reminders...

- Marty -

John, thanks for keeping this alive!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Walsh
    Hopefully you'll include details on how to donate via snail-mail in one of your reminders...
    Hi Marty... Click on the "DONATE" button at the top of the screen and you will see snail mail instructions.
    Bill Simmeth
    Delaplane VA

6. Ahead of you on this one, John!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmeth
    Hi Marty... Click on the "DONATE" button at the top of the screen and you will see snail mail instructions.
    Thanks Bill...got it.

Nice one Shiraz, however, the Game doesn't start till February 1st, and by definition you can't be ahead of the guy that starts it - me!! That being said, I'd love to see a lot of those "2006 Contributor" monikers ahead of me.

John
    John Bailey

Hmmm.

Been there. Done that. Contribute if you can folks. Let's keep this place going... By the way, did we ever have a final tally of what was donated in 2005?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Keys
    Been there. Done that.
    False start, offense, number 29. Five yard penalty, repeat first down.

Ya jumped the gun, bubba...looks like you'll just have to donate twice.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

Martin, if you want all the details, check this thread.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=24984

We collected over $7,000. I can't remember the exact total. This was to save the web-sight and set up an emergency fund. Now that we have that, we only need a small portion of that to operate for the year. That's why there's no need to contribute more than the suggested $6. I notice you got in on the "2006 Contributor" also. Don't forget that you can take part in the February 1st shindig. Whether you've already paid, pay right at the moment, or are "pledging," everyone that stays up till midnight can take part. It's all in good fun. Actually I just needed a way to combat cabin fever up here in the North Country.

John
    John Bailey

Do I get to donate at 9:00 p.m. PST, Jan. 1, living out here on the West coast? I seem to remember someone mentioning this for the Creekers out here but I don't remember what became of it.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Almost Mark, because you get to go 3 hrs. early, you have to wait till 9:10 to give the rest a chance.

Seriously, it'll be 12:01 EST when I post. So where ever you are, you gotta' wait till I post. Then, it'll be Katie bar the door.

John
    John Bailey

John,
    Sorry about this, but I have to donate now. On January 30 or 31 I enter St. John's in Tulsa for a knee replacement. I don't know which day, but by midnight of Feb. 1 I'll be on a morphine drip (they truly believe in painless recovery here in Oklahoma.)
    Sorry to break out ahead but I can't wait. Maybe we could visualize you as thge center of the normalk curve, and some of us who can't wait as being two or three standards away from the mean.
    Ed

Contributer?

John, I was a little curious when I noticed the 'contributer' under your name. You see, I've been away from the creek for a while and did'nt hear about the fiscal moras the creek was in danger of. I thought perhaps that you had contributed some special wisdom or something. I guess I will have to correct my deficiency. In fact I may have to, as a matter of conscience, contribute a double portion to make up for my lack in the previous year. At any rate, I thank you for standing in for all of us and stepping up to get this task done. The reminder is much appreciated. Not that I would equate you with a tax collector or some other such half-stepping animal that tends to be a bother to honest woodworkers like those that inhabit this fine site.