Thread: Lighthouse Pepper Grinder 12 inch

Lighthouse Pepper Grinder 12 inch

I used an artisan pepper mill kit - not the deluxe which were out of stock - about the same price. I do not like the way one piece fits - thing that holds spring - they probably saved 0.5 cents by taking out the holes but I would not buy again. I recommend diet root beer after turning!
    Attached Images Attached Images

David -- I really like it.
    David Walser
    Mesa, Arizona

Very nice! Love the figure.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I never can open files that say attached thumbnails.

Thank you. I think you have to pay the very small membership to post or see pictures. Well worth it. Otherwise imaging a peppermill that looks like a lighthouse (very loosely) with a black walnut bottom and a spalted oak top.

when I turned pieces from this same walnut tree when it was fresh, the sap wood was pretty white. Now it is pretty dark. Not sure why? Spalting of some sort?

I've used both mechanisms and agree with you - although it seems to work I much prefer the Deluxe spring bar with holes. I like the idea with the Artisan of a 2-stage grinding mechanism, but the spring bar is a big enough deal to me that I go with the Deluxe. I think the kits Rockler sells are the Deluxe mechanism also.

when I ordered they were out of stock (and I did not notice the slight difference). I find it amazing - they probably literally save 1/2 of a cent . I wonder if I can cut one out of a can with a tin snips and put holes in it.