Thread: Need nickel closet rods

Need nickel closet rods

I need nice brushed nickel closet rods for a job.
    The Big Box rods do not fit the client’s requirements.
    Any ideas on where to get a “better” looking rod?
    Or is there a brand that you can suggest?
    Thanks, Mark

Not brushed nickel, but possible substitute might be SS tubing - assuming cost is a pass-thru.
    Polish it with scotchbrite or emory for the proper 'brushed' look and get rid of the branding/spec print.
    Maybe 3/4" OD heavy wall tubing if supported >24" OC??
    Smaller OD if supports allow?
    Or go to 3/4 Sch40 SS pipe if no intermediate supports are available?
    Last edited by Malcolm McLeod; 08-11-2021 at 5:36 PM. Reason: 'SS'

You might try hardware-decor. I've not bought rods from them but have bought other stuff.... If you need 8" rods the shipping will be $$.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

I searched for >nickel closet rod< and several good choices come up at various price points. Might be worth a look to see if any fit your requirements.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Look at handrails. I got some from Rockler, but I'm sure they're available from most large building supply outlets.

All good suggestions so thanks everyone. Closet rods tend to look great online, even the ones at the Big Box places that weren't so hot, so I'm trying to find someplace I can see them in person. Going to try ACE tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
    And if ACE doesn't pan out I'll look at some of the ideas here like handrails at Rockler and SS pipe.

Hafele has nice extruded matte nickel rods. They have two extruded slots in them for slide in hangers. I think they are only 48" though but I believe they have joining connectors. They may have others as well.

Shower curtain rods are not strong enough for lots of clothes. So slip a length of water pipe inside.
    Bill D.

+1 on the oval cross section Hafele rods. Orange Aluminum manufactures a similar rod in several finishes.

EDIT: Oops, Mark was talking about the round ones. I prefer the oval - some may feel it’s a higher-end look.
    Last edited by Victor Robinson; 08-13-2021 at 12:18 AM.