Thread: Source for Veneer in Columbus?

Source for Veneer in Columbus?

I'm looking for some spectacular walnut or maple veneer to use for a hall table and the place that's close to me have anything that will work. Since I'm going to be in Columbus for the weekend, I'm hoping that one of the wood vendors at The Woodworking Show in Columbus will have some nice veneer for sale, but if not, are there any places to check out on Saturday morning?

Matt, I can't say anything about vendors in Columbus but I do have one seller on ebay that I have used that has spectacular veneer at reasonable prices just about every week. Look for ebay seller thouge.

I am not connected in any way but have been a satisfied purchaser multiple times. Can I tell you about the 7' long, 2' wide curly walnut veneer I got from her???

-Alden

Matt,

Doesn't answer your question, but there's usually a great selection of veneer on E-bay

Matt, there was a guy there last year that had literally mounds of veneer and was selling it something like $20.00 for 4 or 5 bundles( he had them wrapped in plastic. Also woodcraft in Hilliard has some it's only about a mile west of 270 (Cemetary Rd. exit). My wife and I are going to the show tomorrow afternoon as I hope it will not as crowded as last year on sat morning. hope this helps. Roger

Not Columbus, but a couple other options:

Certainly Wood www.certainlywood.com is one of the premiere veneer vendors - especially working by phone (their web site is just ok) - they will help you pick pieces in your style and price range, selected to fit your project.

Joe Woodworker has a far better web site - www.joewoodworker.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=51 . I have bought equipment from him, but only sample veneer. Fine guy to work with.

Thanks everyone. I'm really hoping to be able to find some in person, but if I can't I'll have to try some of the online sources suggested here. Someone also PM'd me about another source that isn't in Columbus.