Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low moisture mozzarella

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Attachment 463368
    The cheese grater attachment in our house gets used a LOT

As to the anti-caking additives, in my experience they seem to have a secondary benefit, the grated cheese we buy seems to take much longer to develop mold than block cheese...
    While traveling in Europe, I learned that cheese is bordering on religion for the French.
    Once a local told me that the difference in the two countries is that cheese in France is alive, whereas cheese in the US is dead.
    So dead, they store it in a refrigerated morgue and sell it in a body bag.
    He would probably say the anti-caking agent additives are the work of the embalmer. Only the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Santos View Post
    While traveling in Europe, I learned that cheese is bordering on religion for the French.
    Once a local told me that the difference in the two countries is that cheese in France is alive, whereas cheese in the US is dead.
    So dead, they store it in a refrigerated morgue and sell it in a body bag.
    He would probably say the anti-caking agent additives are the work of the embalmer. Only the French.
    That is hilarious! (and, sadly, pretty much true) It is always a wonder to me that we put up with such bad food in this country. It's certainly possible to find wonderful food here, but generally not at the grocery store. It's also certainly possible to find bad food in France or Italy, but you have to seek it out. The food at the gas station/rest stop on the highway outside Rome was better than 95% of the Italian restaurants I've eaten at in the US-- all fresh ingredients, freshly prepared; no pink plastic tomatoes tolerated.

to me 'wonderful food' is what tastes good. 'Gourmet' food just doesn't do it for me. My 'gourmet food' is a Papa Murphy's Chicago stuffed pizza. -Every day I watch Rachel Ray make some new 'really easy' weird food with a dozen or more ingredients, half of which I don't like, the other half I've never heard of.

Two of my favorite things to eat: Minute Rice or elbow macaroni floating in V8 juice, nothing else.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    Two of my favorite things to eat: Minute Rice or elbow macaroni floating in V8 juice, nothing else.
    You are easy to please
    Ed.

Regarding cheese for pizza, I've been using Galbani whole milk chunk mozzarella from Bj's, 2lb blocks.

Hobbyist woodworker
    Maryland