I got asked to flatten a slab, which turned out to be 5 slabs. I said I wasn't interested but she is my wife's friend and she also got involved. Now I had bought a kit to do this very thing from Lee Valley. But I have other things in the fire and all that went on hold because they were going to be Christmas presents. Well 5 hours assembling and cutting one side Friday. The do a really good job one has to flip the pieces a couple of times. 8 hours on Saturday and 2 1/2 on Monday sending them through the drum sander.

It is going to take at least 5 hours just to clean up the shop , but I did get a thank you very much. And the comment that she didn't know how she was going to find time to paint them so they could be done for Christmas.

The one thing that I have learned through it all is how to say NO.

Anyway pictures of the work and if you double click on the pictures, they will get larger, and you will get a better view of my progress in making chips and saw dust. I did also get some ideas on how to make it work better and more efficient, so not all is bad.

DSC03878.JPG DSC03879.JPG