Thread: Jet 1221 or Record Power Herald

Jet 1221 or Record Power Herald

Any thoughts on the jet or Record Power?
    Looking for a midi lathe.
    thanks Tony

Well. I'll give this a shot. No idea on the Record, but I have turned on the Jet and it's a good lathe. I'd buy one if I want a 12" I think it's better then most. But then I have 3 Jets already, I'm a bit biased. I have 2 10" and a 16.

I've never owned a Jet lathe but have owned several models of the Nova. I bought a Record Envoy lathe five months ago and I'm well pleased with its performance, features and build quality. There was a recall for a part in the locking mechanism in the head stock. I had no issues with mine but they replaced the part and also sent me a new Record chuck and an apology for my inconvenience. With service after sale like that, how could I not recommend a Record lathe? I purchased mine from Highland Woodworking in Atlanta and they also sent me notifications of the recall. I hope this helps, Tony.

I did a review on the Coronet Herald. One nit is that it does not have a self ejecting Tailstock and requires a knockout bar to remove the live center - unusual for a modern lathe.
    God is great and life is good!