Thread: Should I be concerned with laminating 3 pieces of Maple together?

Should I be concerned with laminating 3 pieces of Maple together?

I'm planning to build a riser for my turntable that will allow the use of vibration isolation feet. My plan was to get 8/4 wood to make a riser frame approximately 2"x2" to mount the isolation feet to. I was digging at the Hardwood store and found a nice piece of flame Maple, but it's only 3/4" thick. There is enough material that I could laminate 3 pieces together to make my frame approximately 2" tall x 2.25" thick. This would give me the thickness I need to mount the feet, and allow me to cherry pick the best flame figure for the outside boards in view. Should I be concerned with this lamination of 3- 3/4" pieces warping? I would assume since it's all from the same board, any size change from temperature or humidity would be consistent between the boards. Any other issues to be concerned with?

No concerns. Been doing it for 65+ years. May wl be more stable than a solid piece.
    Jerry

"It is better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation" - Herman Melville

No concerns at all. Do it all the time.

Thank you for the replies. I'll hopefully get the pieces rough cut and glued up yet this week.

Check the moisture content and/or acclimate it to in-service conditions before gluing it up.

great idea Kevin. Thank you.

I would acclimate, machine, acclimate,and check flatness again before glue up.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night