Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dryer Experts

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    Paul how about this one on each side and if so they are at the bottom of the bulhead and drum could run on these if that is or was waht they were?

Is this a home depot thing or do I have to go to the lonely Maytag man. I think he was lonely for my parents 47 year old machine. Now it likely you call in and you are number 34 please be patient we will get to you.

There are one of these on each side, think you found the answer. You have now completed your apprenticeship.

Thanks, appreciate that

Attachment 470301
    Yep, those are what's left of the glides. Doubt it's a HD thing, but any decent appliance repair place, online or brick and mortar should have them. I've bought a few things from partselect.com lately and gotten the stuff in two days typically.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Warren by the colour of the money, you live North of the continental USA.
    Try Amre supply in your area. Failing that, vancouver has Reliable parts and I believe they are nation wide.

The Kenmore I bought over 30 years ago had the front of the drum ride on felt. After two decades of use it made a horrible scraping noise. After I bought the replacement felt kit when I took the front off I found a coin stuck in the felt. Removed the coin and all was better.

-Tom

Blog Entries
    I found tons of coins inside Rattle Rattle.
    Can't tell for sure but it looks like the coins are Canadian. Didn't Canada stop using pennies ages ago?

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Jim I still have some pennies in my pocket which I find scattered around the house. Once I get 5 of them I’ll exchange them for a nickel (although not wooden).
    They're still legal tender but not minted any more.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

thats just what I found in the dryer. So whatever age it is over 10 years to 15 I cant remember. likely a gaggle of many pennies right now somewhere around here. I could make copper eves troughs from them like the well to do folks have.

I brought the bulk head in to where it was warm and noticed one of the brackets is cut through from rubbing on the drum. Will have to replace it or weld it up.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 12-23-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    I could make copper eves troughs from them like the well to do folks have.
    Don't be too sure about that. On my desk is a 2011 Canadian penny. It's sticking to a magnet.

The family visited Canada after not having gone there in some (ahem!) years. I took along a paper Canadian one dollar bill and a paper two dollar bill. The first store we stopped at wouldn't take them, the workers had never seen either before. We did find a place where the manager had seen a two dollar bill and would take it. No one ever took one dollar bill. It isn't far from that magnetic penny!

-Tom