Thread: Dallas area tool collector who had an annual sale?

Dallas area tool collector who had an annual sale?

I'm hoping someone recalls there was a Dallas area tool collector who would have an annual sale. IIRC these were mostly woodworking hand tools. I never went. Now, I'd like to try to find out if that still happens and maybe go this next year. Anyone recall who the guy was and anyone ever go? If so how good was it and the tools? I'm trying to put together a set of Craftsman No. 750 chisels and there is nothing like that in Central Texas. Trying to find some potential sources and thought that might be an option. Thanks!

Well, wouldn't you know it. As soon as I ask, I find the answer...It's used to be in Garland, TX. It was called "One Old Sorehead & One Nice Guy Vintage & Antique Tool Sale". Looks like they have not had one since Covid struck. But I also see he's got a website Dowd's Tools. No affiliation and didn't intend this to be advertising for him. Sure would love to go to one of these kind of annual or semi-annual sales.

I reached out to Lynn a few weeks back and purchased a plane. I believe he has been ill lately but they hope to get the sale back up and going. There is a vintage tool sale coming up on March 12 - Big D Tool show - used to be an annual event, and there is one in Yukon Oklahoma on January 8

Cory, Thanks for the info on sales up north. Have you been to either of those sales in the past? Wondering how good they have been. ??

I have not been to the one in Yukon but I've been to the Big D one several times, I think this year is the ninth one. Prices were a little high but I found some good stuff.

Private message me your email and I'll forward the flyer on to you.

Cory, PM sent. Thanks!