Thread: Searching for a hidden fastener system I had seen with no luck

Searching for a hidden fastener system I had seen with no luck

While back there was one of these heavy instagram ad campaigns going around for a blind fastener system that used a mortised plate with wedge/keyholed slots and you ran a pan head screw in the mating part and they wedged together. They had several different sizes. Ive been searching high and low clearly with poor googleology wondered if anyone knew of them. Its not like a highpoint bed rail fastener but similar. Mortised plate, and the other member just gets the screws.

Thanks if anyone knows/remembers these. May have been a flash in the pan and kaput... have an application where these would be really handy.

Not understanding, did this join them flat or at 90 degrees?
    Bill D

Yep. 90 degrees. Very similar to the highpoint style but the adjacent part only used screws. The plate keyed/wedged on the screw heads (left proud)

You might be thinking of the Mod-eez knock-down fastener by Knapp-https://knappconnectors.com/product/...f-system-sets/
    I've used them before. They come in locking and non-locking versions.
    Hope this helps.
    Rick

I just googled “keyhole mounting plates”. Is this what your after? I used these in the back of a mantle shelf in the way you describe where they worked nicely.

Clint

Thanks guys. All similar in concept. These were the same concept as a keyhole habger but a structural version with a wedging action to draw members tight together. Several size options all the way up to multiple large to hold large structural timbers together.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Whitehead View Post
    You might be thinking of the Mod-eez knock-down fastener by Knapp-https://knappconnectors.com/product/...f-system-sets/
    I've used them before. They come in locking and non-locking versions.
    Hope this helps.
    Rick
    Digging into the knapp the duo system will likely do nicely. THANKS!

Blog Entries
    I used one called the Torpedo SCIS that I liked a lot, but they are hard to purchase.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.