Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lily White Washita / Different Types of Washita Stones

Quote Originally Posted by mike stenson View Post
    It's interesting that their water stones are classified by grit size.
    You're right, I overlooked Norton's waterstones, I was thinking oilstones only. Although they only offer them if four grit sizes, not really that different than their offering of three grit sizes in their man made oilstones.

I looked around a little more and the offerings of waterstones are as high as 14 different grit levels in the Shapton brand, that's a little extreme. What motivates the need for these products to exist? (https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/S...s-P742C84.aspx)

Blog Entries
    What motivates the need for these products to exist?
    People who are willing to pay good money for "these products" always motivates the captains of industry to profit from the wishes of those with money.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Shaptons are cheap. Have you priced J-nats?

I have shapton pros. I use 3 stones mostly, I possess 4.. but I don't use the 1000 often. There are ten of those stones, I wouldn't think most people use all of them. Then again... I sharpen to get back to work. There are people who are really into sharpening. I don't get that, but more power to them. It also means I tend to just kind of, well, do my thing.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut