Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Queen Anne Chair

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    Well Mark you are causing me to rethink doing the upholstery myself. That would be a shame since I bought the tools a year ago, but it would make life easier. We sometimes forget that 18th century furniture makers often farmed out turning, carving, upholstery, and on occasion even finishing. Your finished chair is spectacular.
    Thanks Dave! I dropped off my frame at the front desk and did not talk to the upholster. When I picked it up and met him he was very curious about who did the frame and the cushioning. He said the frame was done very well and the cushioning also. I explained that I was a hobbyist and did it. So in retrospect I am glad I did the "infrastructure" of the chair and had him finish. His upholstery was perfect, absolutely no creases anywhere. I will return for the remaining chairs.

:jawdrop:

It's beautiful!

Thanks Anuj! I understand British Columbia is beautiful. Closest I got was Seattle this past September. From Seattle to Richland (tri-city area) I saw an amazing view of Mt Ranier.

Amazing indeed. And historically accurate since woodworkers rarely did upolstery and vice versa? Will look forward to seeing the rest of the set

And glad you got to get a taste of the PNW-Richland is practically next door to me (as things go out here...).

Best,
    Chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra