Thread: Rikon 10-305 or Sears 124-21400 bearings question

Rikon 10-305 or Sears 124-21400 bearings question

Bearings are not something I know much about. I believe the Rikon and the Sears 10 inch bandsaws use the same size bearings. I can't find Rikon branded bearings in stock but I can find 626ZZ double shielded bearings. I think these are the equivalent or identical bearings but does anyone know?

Thanks,

Mitchell

Bearings are mostly all commodity items unless there are special features like shoulders.

On edit…A 626zz bearing appears in all the major brands’ listings. The 626 indicates the dimensions and they would all be the same. Get whatever is cheapest and easiest to get, as long as it comes from a reputable brand like NSK, SKF etc.

I edited the post and accidentally deleted the info that ZZ meant metal shields on both sides of the bearing.
    Last edited by Greg Quenneville; 02-12-2022 at 5:22 PM.

Double check the number. That's a good number but it's a very small bearing. 6mm x 19mm x 6mm. So 6mm thick, 19mm outside diameter, and 6mm hole ID. Seems small even for a smaller bandsaw. The zz as Greg mentioned does indicate metal shields. Unless this is a blade guide bearing.
    Last edited by Ronald Blue; 02-12-2022 at 4:54 PM.

Rikon would be the last place to purchase new bearings. Any automotive or bearing supply place can get you whatever bearings you need. The number designation is the size of the bearing. If you take that old bearing or even a picture of the number designation suppliers will have no problem helping you out.

Check PGN bearings….
    https://pgnbearings.com/products/626...bearing-6x19x6

As noted above the ZZ is metal shields, I believe 2RS would be sealed both sides

I have a 10-305 and bought a sleeve of cheap 626ZZ bearings for replacements for the guides. I got the cheap ones on eBay that are about $8 for a 10 pack and they are holding up fine, at least as well as the OEM ones. I found on the sawmill years ago that name brand guide bearings last about twice as long and cost about 5 times as much, so for me the math is clear about what to use.

A big thanks to everyone! PGN didn't have any stock which seems to be common these days. Amazon has UXCELL with fair reviews including a couple that mention my bandsaw. I'm going to give them a try and if i can't get 6 to work out of 10 in the set I'll look for a higher quality bearing.

I would stay clear of the cheapest bearing. My old Craftsman TS has the 2RS bearing and still running like a champ. They do a good job of keeping the bearing free of dust.

Personally , I’d would not use shielded bearings in a dusty environment.

I’d get sealed ones.