Thread: Need help locating a replacement motor for Jet AFS-1000 (Not a 1000b)

Need help locating a replacement motor for Jet AFS-1000 (Not a 1000b)

My motor has failed on an old AFS-100. I'm sure it is the motor. Already replaced the PCB and had the motor tested afterwards. I did it backwards. Live and learn, not sure why that is a recurring theme for me.

I either need a source for a motor at a reasonable price or I need to find out what the RPMs are on low, medium and high speeds.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If it is not available directly from jet i would take it to your local electric motor shop and they can either repair it or get you a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid Stanfill View Post
    My motor has failed on an old AFS-100. I'm sure it is the motor. Already replaced the PCB and had the motor tested afterwards. I did it backwards. Live and learn, not sure why that is a recurring theme for me.

I either need a source for a motor at a reasonable price or I need to find out what the RPMs are on low, medium and high speeds.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    What HP, frame size, shaft size, rotation direction. As for speed, it's probably a standard three speed motor (1075 RPM, max). Grainger stocks them. Best to take old motor in with you and let them match it. If you can get into a HVAC supply place, they can also match it. Have you "googled" three speed fan motors? HD Supply is another source. The nameplate on the motor should contain all this information. Another option is get an old motor out of a gas furnace, as it will operate on 110, instead of 220. A small HVAC repair shop would most likely give you and old one, or sell it for a couple bucks. what was the verdict on the old motor? Is it a PSC motor? if so check capacitor. By PCB, I take to mean printed circuit board? What is the difference between a 1000, and a 1000B
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 02-15-2022 at 9:14 PM.

Might help if we had a clue what it runs? Is it a fan? do you really need all three speeds.
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Might help if we had a clue what it runs? Is it a fan? do you really need all three speeds.
    Bill D
    It's a Jet air filtration unit . I have one and do use the different speeds . It's noisy on full speed .As a possible answer , Grizzly sells similar units w/ similar motors . Might be what you need. It is a squirrel cage fan .
    Last edited by james manutes; 02-17-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Only the sound of chirping crickets from the OP.