Thread: How do you put thumbnails pictures in body of post?

How do you put thumbnails pictures in body of post?

All my pictures come out full size. how do you put them on with thumbnails like I see others do?

thanks,
    rick
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

If you are uploading the pictures to SMC, the thumbnails are automatic. If you are linking to pictures on another site, it's a bit complicated to do. Requires coding in HTML and you may need to do that at your remote site.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker
    If you are linking to pictures on another site...
    Jim,
    But didn’t Aaron Koehl suggest that SMC prefers posting pics directly to this site because then they are archived here and not subject to becoming inaccessible due to changes on another site? Or did I misinterpret?
    Thanks,
    Frank

Your right Frank,

We do prefer that pictures be uploaded directly to SMC rather than using an offsite host. When Links or hosts change the picture will no longer be associated with the thread. Later on when we offer SMC on DVD's the pictures that aren't on our server won't be included on the disks and won't be available for offline viewing.

The SMC archives are always available, we don't delete threads after a period of time. Remember that we are just the Current Members and there may very well be several generations of woodworkers that will be here long after we are gone. It would be a shame to lose all the hard work that everyone puts into their posts and not have them available in the future. Your grandson may very well be here one day reading your messages and looking at the pictures that his Grandfather shared

What happens when SMC gets too large for our server? The vBulletin software we use is capable of spreading the load across multiple servers. We can easilly host the database from one machine and the pictures and other support documents from another and in the future we can split SMC across many machines if necessary.

Those of you who are concerned about ownership of your pictures our TOS clearly states that you remain the owner of your pictures. Some forums assume ownership of all pictures that are uploaded, SMC does not. We simply have the right to publish them which is necessary for you to share them here in the first place.

If you are uploading the pictures to SMC, the thumbnails are automatic. If you are linking to pictures on another site, it's a bit complicated to do. Requires coding in HTML and you may need to do that at your remote site.
    Ok then how do you upload to this site? When I click on th insert picture icon it wants a web site address.
    Thanks,
    Rick

Click on "Manage Attachments" below the text posting window. You can then add up to five pictures per post. There is a limit of about 100kb per photo (use your photo software to compress them) and I suggest that you post pictures that are no wider than 600-700 pixels to avoid forcing folks with older computers into scrolling their browser windows. I generally use about 650 pixels for mine. BTW, do NOT use the preview button if you are uploading pictures...there is a little bug that will cause them to not display in your thread. Just upload them and complete your post without previewing.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Click on "Manage Attachments" below the text posting window. You can then add up to five pictures per post. There is a limit of about 100kb per photo (use your photo software to compress them) and I suggest that you post pictures that are no wider than 600-700 pixels to avoid forcing folks with older computers into scrolling their browser windows. I generally use about 650 pixels for mine. BTW, do NOT use the preview button if you are uploading pictures...there is a little bug that will cause them to not display in your thread. Just upload them and complete your post without previewing.
    Thanks Jim.

Rick