Thread: Benchdog universal router plate compatible w triton router????

Benchdog universal router plate compatible w triton router????

I have an opportunity to buy a router table top with a benchdog universal mounting plate installed. Does anyone know if this will work w Triton routers. Also do 2 1/4 hp and 3 1/4 hp tritons use the same mounting holes?

I am interested in triton in order to get above the table bit changing without investing in a router lift....any comments on this feature

I have the big triton in my router table. I used the Kreg mounting plate designed for the router, so can't comment on the benchdog, but worse case I would think you might have to drill and countersink a few holes. And you might have to drill a hole for the above the table adjustment height fine adjustment knob (which is sweet, btw). Also don't know if the smaller triton uses the same mounting dimensions.

I like the above the table bit changing; it works very well and is way easier than lifting the router out of the table to change bits (especially with the big boy). You do have to physically turn off the switch on the router before you can raise the bit all the way up as it is mechanically interlocked. Not a big deal as you have to reach under the table to raise the bit up anyway so it's just a matter of remembering to flip the switch before you try to raise the bit. Not a bad idea from a safety standpoint anyway, even if you have the external switch off. Once the bit is all the way up, the collet is also locked, so changing bits is a one wrench operation. The same interlock prevents you from turning on the router with the bit all the way up, which is good because the collet is locked and that would be exciting.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

According to the Rockler catalog the Bench Dog router plate C fits both the Triton routers. I used the Rockler #59466 plate on my router table with my MOF 001 router. I drilled a hole through the plate above the fine adjuster so I can slide the handle through the plate and set the height by turning the handle above the table. It's really easy, like it a lot.
    BillL