Thread: Bathroom Paint

Bathroom Paint

Can regular paint be used for a bathroom?

Sure.
    Just clean/rinse and residue - scuff sand lightly if the surface has a sheen to provide the new paint something to "bite" into & go to town.

Usually a semi gloss is the preferred material, but, there is no hard and fast rule. We've had a flat finish latex wall paint in our bathroom since we moved in back in 1986.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Sure, never seen anything else used. What else might you think to try? What problem are you trying to solve?

Quote Originally Posted by roger wiegand View Post
    Sure, never seen anything else used. What else might you think to try? What problem are you trying to solve?
    No problem. Just don’t want to use the incorrect paint and have future problems. From what I have researched, like all painting, it’s all about the prep.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Gibbons View Post
    No problem. Just don’t want to use the incorrect paint and have future problems. From what I have researched, like all painting, it’s all about the prep.
    I would use a paint that the manufacturer reccomends for bathrooms and kitchens personally. Especially in a shower room.

As long as you dont take 12 hour steamy showers without running exhaust

While I agree that one can use any good quality paint in the bathroom environment, there are some benefits to consider some of the newer formulas that have features like increased resistance to mildew, etc. The bathroom (and kitchen) is one of those places where buying very high quality paint is a good idea, IMHO.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...