Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Drill Press Project

https://www.speedymetals.com/pc-3533...teel-tube.aspx and have the end turned down, but I see you've already found a solution

I looked for 78mm steel tube, but none readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    https://www.speedymetals.com/pc-3533...teel-tube.aspx and have the end turned down, but I see you've already found a solution

I looked for 78mm steel tube, but none readily available.
    Tom - thanks that’s the tube I bought!

Post pictures when you are done. Didn't even think of doing that. I gave up waiting for Viking and got Bosch PBD40

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Kapl View Post
    Post pictures when you are done.
    Will do - I just cleaned up my current floor standing base. Should get my sleeve next week. Even though there should be a slight interference fit I'm thinking of tack welding the sleeve to the post for extra security.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Kapl View Post
    Post pictures when you are done. Didn't even think of doing that. I gave up waiting for Viking and got Bosch PBD40
    It was a long rough road for this "fun" project. I ordered the drill head at the end of February. Had to have it replaced because I discovered a couple cracks around one on the set screw mounting holes. Then the second one had a display assembly that was held on by the wires - not any fasteners. I was looking for a full refund but they happened to find another unit. So back went the 2nd and I received the third one this past Monday.

The assembly onto my old drill press post was easier than I thought and this unit is working well. Some of the excitement was gone due to the long wait but I have a chance to play with my new toy this weekend.

Mike

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3331.jpg