Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061

Thread: Shop Build...should be a fun journey...

That's looking pretty good Jim. Green with envy.

BTW, how did the minisplit do vs the summer heat and humidity?
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    BTW, how did the minisplit do vs the summer heat and humidity?
    Set it at 78ºF and the shop at "working level" pretty much stayed at about 75ºF. Barely affected our power bill. Cooling is "more efficient" than heating in this space because cool air sinks and warm air rises, but the heat function works quite well, too, because I have a pretty good seal including the overhead door. I probably should have opted for the 38K BTU unit considering that the space is "tall", but the 24K BTU system is meeting my needs in a reasonable way.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

2 or 3 inexpensive ceiling fans would help to bring the heat down.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

My experience is that unless there is a gross mis-sizing on the choice of equipment mini-splits will exceed your expectations. Bruce’s idea on the fans is good, but then you have to “not stick something in them.” I think I would look at an in-line Fantech with a duct up in the ceiling area blowing across the floor. They are nice and quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    2 or 3 inexpensive ceiling fans would help to bring the heat down.
    The challenge is that I do not want anything below the bottom of the trusses so I'd have to deal with getting them up above and between the trusses, cut the wall to get another circuit in for them, etc. The cost and effort would be more than the benefit I think since I didn't think of it back when building out the interior. It's a good idea, but I think the ship sailed for making it practical.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I totally understand the effort vs benefits. I have 8’ ceilings in my garage shop so I have to use a noisy 18” floor fan. I love my Sony NC headphones!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney