Thread: Rebuild/Repair stapler trigger air valve

Rebuild/Repair stapler trigger air valve

This is a long shot - I have a Bostitch SB-150SX that I only use occasionally so I'd prefer to fix it rather than buy a new one even tho' the replacement cost wouldn't be too much for the same quality. The trigger air valve is leaking air badly and should be replaced but no one, as far as I've been able to search has one since it has long been discontinued.

I've tried cleaning and greasing the o-rings without success. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe try to id and replace the o-rings?

Thanks.

Hello, I have had that same tool for years - very excellent product, adding a few drops of oil before using extends life. Just looked on eBay, there are several very nice/newer looking ones for $35 - $50 - that would be cheaper than sourcing part and doing repair. One I saw for $50 or best looks brand new/little use.

My money is on the firing valve seal. Take the top off the cylinder, and see if there is a seal with a split on one side of it.

edited to add: I just checked ebay, and there are several repair kits for the firing valve. They look different than my Senco's, so disregard the above. Someone probably has a youtube video of the repair. Nail guns are easy to work on.
    Last edited by Tom M King; 03-06-2022 at 3:01 PM.

Pull the trigger and see if there is an o ring all my guns have them and they are easy to replace. I had a Plumber that had a jackhammer that was not working and I pulled the trigger out and asked him if he had any O rings he went out to his truck and brought in an assortment I grabbed the correct size installed it and he tried the hammer and it worked just fine. He told me that saved him $200 as that was what he was quoted from a repair shop.

thanks to all.

I'm going to see if I can identify the small o-rings and replace them. They won't be expensive so it's worth a try. But I think I'm moving this task to a "fun to do someday" list and looking for a low end but reasonable quality tool.

Mitchell

https://addemsairtools.com.au/produc...0bn-sb-1842bn/

https://www.powertoolreplacementpart...er-valve-unit/

Seems the trigger valve replacement #23 is no longer be made. I think your only choice is to replace the o-rings
    Bill D

My oldest nailers were used in 1975 when I bought them. I've replaced a forgotten number of firing valve seals, but never had to replace an o-ring. Even my "oil-less" ones get a drop of oil once in a while. I took it that they needed less oil, not no oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    My oldest nailers were used in 1975 when I bought them. I've replaced a forgotten number of firing valve seals, but never had to replace an o-ring. Even my "oil-less" ones get a drop of oil once in a while. I took it that they needed less oil, not no oil.

Exactly. Was taught years ago to not even think of using pneumatic tools we had without a few drops of oil each use. Bostich stapler has served me very well, no problems & can drive deep.