Thread: Is There Someone in Here Who Uses Adobe Illustrator for Laser Cutting?

Is There Someone in Here Who Uses Adobe Illustrator for Laser Cutting?

Hi, Everyone. I use AI. I'm having an issue with an image. I don't want to take up everyone's time, but if anyone in here uses AI I'd like to post the image and explain my issue.

Thanks in Advance,
    sm

I don't, but your problem may not necessarily be 'AI specific'-- what's up?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I don't, but your problem may not necessarily be 'AI specific'-- what's up?
    Agreed. Thanks as always, Kev.

We're working on something I'm really excited about. A $50 pick where $10 from every sale will go to non-profits involved with Sea Turtle Conservation. The reason for this is tortoise shell picks were used for centuries, and the one sea turtle that produces that material is almost extinct. I want to make a statement about conservation to our industry.

Here's the image, and here's my dilemma. With this image, the outside is for cutting, and the two images in the center for engraving. With this image, and others, I'm having to resize and reposition the inside elements every time I change the size of the outer cut; in other words, they are independent of one another. Not only that, went I move the image to a different position on the artboard, I have to move all three separately. I want a unitized image that will scale all elements at once. I'm not very good at this software, but someone told me this is probably because the elements are all on different layers in Photoshop.

Is there an easy fix/go-around to unify the image all into one? Thanks!

Hi,
    they have to be grouped, or you have to select them all. You can see that, when you open they layers windows, everything that is selected has a blue dot

Cheers, Andrea

Who wants to hear the bells must pull the rope
    Wer die Glocken hören will muss am Seil ziehen