Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Farm "Tool" by Kubota

New Farm "Tool" by Kubota

You folks offered good advice about tractors, so I read everything and "upgraded" the Kubota "tool" on the farm from the old Yanmar YM series. It's a used model of course but decades newer than the Yanmar models. The Kubota L4330 selected offered cab version because old men are tired of being stung by ground hornets while mowing.

Side View.jpg Left Side Rear.jpg

Now it's time to sell off the smaller Yanmar versions, but that should not be difficult. Tractors are like power tools.......you keep upgrading. Thanks for all your advice.

Blog Entries
    That is excellent! Congratulations! ooh and aahing over the Tractor Data page for the L4330 now!
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 03-10-2022 at 7:42 AM.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Nice! You can get a lot of work done with that. When I googled for the specs, I was surprised to find that Everything Attachments had a page on it, and recommended attachments. It must be a very popular model, and resale value should only go up. This is the first place I look now if I'm in the market for a new attachment.

https://www.everythingattachments.co...ecs-s/3992.htm

Nice tractor Rich. You will really like having the cab and more HP. I own a boomer 50 new holland, it has multiple uses on my property. I think I lost count of the attachments I have gotten for it the past couple years but I use them all!! Enjoy
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    Nice! You can get a lot of work done with that. When I googled for the specs, I was surprised to find that Everything Attachments had a page on it, and recommended attachments. It must be a very popular model, and resale value should only go up. This is the first place I look now if I'm in the market for a new attachment.

I have a few of those for the Case 1845C skid steer and a few more for the Yanmar YM276D. That said, that's one expensive link to review. One can certainly spend a lot of money AFTER buying the tractor.

Very nice machine Rich, wish I had a cab on mine.

Congratulations, Rich! You are correct that these machines continue to work for a very long time when folks take care of them. My little BX-22 is at 18+ years now and it's only needed hydraulic hoses to be replaced. (and tires) Good comment on the cab...I do wish I had that sometimes.

On the ground hornets/yellow jackets, yea, they are nasty. I had to leave my machine running for 7 hours a number of years ago after my sprinting escape from attack (not unscathed...) because that's how long it took for the sun to go down far enough that I could approach the machine to deal with getting it somewhere else and shut off. After refueling in the dark, of course.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post

I have one of their wicked root grapples, for tree and branch work its awesome. Had to add a 3rd function to my loader valve but it wasnt a big deal. Their customer service is also super. Great place to buy attachments.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

They do have great customer service and I appreciate the sense of humor the have toward each other, especially Peanut.

My 1947 Ford 8 n still chugs around the farm, but it can't do what the 55 hp Mahindra can do. Plus the "hinnie" has a cab with heat and air. In 2005, I paid 2k for a 1991 JD 210C back hoe loader. A yellow tractor made for heavy duty excavation work. Ag tractors are pullers not lifters and diggers like the yellow machines. Heck the loader bucket on the JD is made twice as big and out of metal three times as thick as the Hinnie Bucket. The loader arms are also much sturdier built than ag FEL's. The loader cylinders are twice as big in diameter as ag loaders cylinders. Same heavy up for the back hoe. So far I had to replace three hoses, have the injector pump rebuilt, and a tire. on the JD. Best 2k I ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Congratulations, Rich! You are correct that these machines continue to work for a very long time when folks take care of them. My little BX-22 is at 18+ years now and it's only needed hydraulic hoses to be replaced. (and tires) Good comment on the cab...I do wish I had that sometimes.

On the ground hornets/yellow jackets, yea, they are nasty. I had to leave my machine running for 7 hours a number of years ago after my sprinting escape from attack (not unscathed...) because that's how long it took for the sun to go down far enough that I could approach the machine to deal with getting it somewhere else and shut off. After refueling in the dark, of course.
    It's good to see your little BX-22 is working nearly twenty years after acquiring it. Many say Kubota makes a good sub-compact and compact tractor. This L4330 came from near you in Ephrata so you had a good chance for it.

The hornets chased me all the way to the river last year, but no seven hour ordeal. Luckily I live across the street from the river and can swim like a fish.

Kubota has done a great job over the years with reliable equipment and that's why they are one of the top purveyors of tractors and other equipment in the markets that they compete. Part of that is they build their engines and even provide them to some others. And a healthy chunk of their machinery is built in Georgia.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Hilbert Jr View Post
    My 1947 Ford 8 n still chugs around the farm, but it can't do what the 55 hp Mahindra can do. Plus the "hinnie" has a cab with heat and air. In 2005, I paid 2k for a 1991 JD 210C back hoe loader. A yellow tractor made for heavy duty excavation work. Ag tractors are pullers not lifters and diggers like the yellow machines. Heck the loader bucket on the JD is made twice as big and out of metal three times as thick as the Hinnie Bucket. The loader arms are also much sturdier built than ag FEL's. The loader cylinders are twice as big in diameter as ag loaders cylinders. Same heavy up for the back hoe. So far I had to replace three hoses, have the injector pump rebuilt, and a tire. on the JD. Best 2k I ever spent.
    That's truly comparing lemons and oranges though. Your backhoe can only dig and do loader work. It better be built well for that task if that's the only thing it's capable of. An ag tractor can do more different things than you can count on all your fingers and toes and do most of them well. While you can load hay with it you can't pull the baler, the conditioner, the rake, or the hay rack or round bail trailer. The backhoe was a good cheap investment and is handy for you to have. I'm guessing the Mahindra get's far more use though because it is capable of so many different things.

Shipping prices are a bit high right now.....the shipper wants just above $3500 to deliver the Kubota 530 miles. I will just take the truck and car hauler to pick it up.

Actually, my Backhoe loader can pull some very impressive loads and I'd put it up against any farm tractor of the same class for pulling. It doesn't have a rear PTO, so it can pull and power at the same time. But Amish use horses to pull balers, they just have an engine hooked to the bailer to power it. I can certainly rake hay with the back hoe, but the little 8n does the same with less fuel cost. I have mounted a spear on the back hoe and hauled hay out to the pasture with the back hoe, but it was a PIA. My post was more of a warning to folks getting ag tractors. They are pullers, not diggers. They will dig, but the frames, buckets, arms and hydraulics are no where near as heavy duty as yellow machines. I go aon a few tractos sites and see mangled buckets, bent loader arms, broken back hoe mounts, all from trying to do too much with an ag tractor that it was not meant for.