Thread: Anyone buy one of these?

Anyone buy one of these?

Has anyone here purchased this dust collector? I’d love an Oneida or Clearvue but they’re at least 3X’s the money.
    45989DD7-57E1-417F-9649-9909F013147E.jpg

Can't address this particular item but the Better Business Bureau has over 200 complaints regarding the Vevor online retailer.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/rch-cucamo...466/complaints

If you want an inexpensive but usable dust collector get the Harbor Freight 2 HP. There are lots of people who have made upgrades to them from adding cyclones to impeller upgrades.

I thought about that but it’s been impossible to find the upgraded impeller.
    I’m looking for a cyclone style that I can mount to the wall in an adjoining room.
    That’s the reason I haven’t invested in a single/double bag style dust collector,

Quote Originally Posted by bob pfohler View Post
    I thought about that but it’s been impossible to find the upgraded impeller.
    I’m looking for a cyclone style that I can mount to the wall in an adjoining room.
    That’s the reason I haven’t invested in a single/double bag style dust collector,
    dont think you’re gonna mount that Vevor to a wall if that was your plan.

Your dust collector is not one item I'd skimp on. For durability, safety, and performance. It's the one tool you'll use more than any other - assuming it's used for every tool.
    JonathanJungDesign.com

I would bite the bullet and buy the Oneida. I have a large Murphy-Rodgers for all my machinery, but when I added a 37" wide belt sander, I decided to use a dedicated dust collector and to save money I bought a 1200 cfm Penn State cyclone. At the time, Penn State was big into dust collection and had a guy on staff that had many years of experience with dust collection systems. While the unit is at least 8 years old and has performed well, Penn State is no longer in the dust collection business. Any issues that will come up with my collector will probably mean I will have to scrap the whole thing, since they no longer carry any parts for servicing and/or replacement, not to mention their expert is long gone. And while Harbor Freight will probably not be going out of business any time soon, unless they offer a lifetime warranty with full replacement should the unit need repair, I would probably avoid any high dollar (for Harbor Freight) equipment from them. If cost is a factor, I might consider Grizzly or a similar import company with a long and excellent track record before I would consider an off brand (especially one with a poor BBB record) or even Harbor Freight.