Thread: Bosch dust extraction options

Bosch dust extraction options

I’m sure this has been addressed here before, but I can’t find a thread on it. I have a couple of Festool random orbital sanders, along with a CT Mini dust extractor. I’m not satisfied with the sanders, though, in that they don’t seem to be designed for heavy sanding. I’m looking at the Bosch GET 65-5N, but from what I can determine, I can’t hook it up to my Festool CT Mini. I don’t want to fork over $600 for the smallest Bosch extractor. Anybody know how I can couple that sander to my Festool extractor, or do I have to look for a different sander?

I don't have a Festool Extractor but rather a Bosch. I do however have a Festool Domino and a ROS and the Bosch dust extractor hooks to them without any adapters just as it did on my old Bosch ROS. I don't have that specific sander, mine was the $80 model but I would assume the dust port is the same, you could check.

If I'm not mistaken, Rockler may have adapters that can be used with Bosch hand-held electrics to adapt to the CT's hose termination. BTW, that Bosch dual mode sander you're considering is analogous to the Festool Rotex, not the regular ROS. The Rotex can be really aggressive in rotary mode...I only really pull it out for that, honestly, for shaping wood or stripping paint, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Parker View Post
    I’m sure this has been addressed here before, but I can’t find a thread on it. I have a couple of Festool random orbital sanders, along with a CT Mini dust extractor. I’m not satisfied with the sanders, though, in that they don’t seem to be designed for heavy sanding. I’m looking at the Bosch GET 65-5N, but from what I can determine, I can’t hook it up to my Festool CT Mini. I don’t want to fork over $600 for the smallest Bosch extractor. Anybody know how I can couple that sander to my Festool extractor, or do I have to look for a different sander?
    Who told you , or makes you think the Bosch sanders won’t attach to a festool vac ?

It’ll work fine. I’ve circled the port of the Bosch in the pic below, and it’ll fit into a festool hose end. If you’re unlucky enough to have have Festool’s stupid Cleantec end, then you may have to wrangle it over the tool end, but it’ll go. That version’s rubber and xtra ribbing make it very stiff.

517D973D-4330-408C-8637-E85F615FBC19.jpeg
    Last edited by Dave Sabo; 03-21-2022 at 5:27 PM.

Totally agree with Dave. My Bosch hooks fine to my Festool hose without an adaptor or anything. Hose hooks up to either my old CT 22 or my new CT 36 and very little dust except on the sanding disks. BTW - that 6” Bosch Sander is terrific IMHO. Much less expensive than the Festool and it seems to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Pender View Post
    Totally agree with Dave. My Bosch hooks fine to my Festool hose without an adaptor or anything. Hose hooks up to either my old CT 22 or my new CT 36 and very little dust except on the sanding disks. BTW - that 6” Bosch Sander is terrific IMHO. Much less expensive than the Festool and it seems to work fine.
    Thanks, guys. The Bosch customer service person told me to Festool wouldn’t work, but I believe you. I’ll order the Bosch tonight and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.