Thread: Issue adjusting the crosscut fence on a Griggio SC3200B slider

Issue adjusting the crosscut fence on a Griggio SC3200B slider

I have an older Griggio SC3200B slider that I am trying to work on getting the fence 90 degrees to the blade. The issue that I am having is on the far end of the sliding carriage or wagon where the end of the fence has a divot and there is a stud that sticks up out of the wagon to make the fence go on and off without having to adjust….I can’t get that stud in the wagon to adjust so that I can dial in the fence and square it up. The stud pulls in and out no problem and it has a spring inside I am assuming. It appears to be adjustable but I am not seeing any way to turn it to get it to adjust. It has a set screw which I removed and have tried every thing but that thing appears to have no way to adjust. The stud has a cylindrical base under the fence and that cylindrical base has multiple holes in it for what reason I don’t know.

If anyone could help me figure this out I would greatly appreciate it. This thing has me stumped!

In this case, I would take a look at the parts diagram and see if it gives you any clues.

How is the crosscut fence attached at the end closest to the blade?

Actually, I can see from the online illustrations that it attaches to the slider via a tee nut.

You need to sort out the outrigger table mounting first. You mentioned in another thread that you cannot get it to remain fixed to the slider and stay in one place. Obviously if the outrigger can drift it will take the crosscut fence out of square with it.

You will need to see if the eccentric locking handle is fully engaging the bottom of the mounting rail on the slider. If the eccentric looks like it is turning properly with the handle then the rubber you mentioned will have to be replaced or shimmed.

The outrigger has to be at the same level as the sliding table or your sheet goods will end up with a slightly bevelled cut. You will have to do your best to sort out the mounting, then adjust at the pivot point to get that outrigger level.

Then worry about the crosscut fence. If you cannot adjust it at the end mounting point you will have to move the tee nut in the slider until you are happy.

The best way to check for square is with a dial indicator on a known good square, the larger the better. Or spend hours and hours doing 5 sided cuts.