Thread: Another Example of Exemplary Customer Service

Another Example of Exemplary Customer Service

In late November of 2020, I purchased a Mr Heater 5.3 Kw forced air electric garage heater to allow me to work outside as I was converting a pole barn into a viable wood shop. I finally got the building insulated in the fall of 2021 and have been using a couple of 8' baseboard heaters to keep the temps bearable inside the "shop". When I need it a bit warmer I turn on the forced air heater to bump up the temperature. About mid-winter I noticed that the heater didn't seem to be putting out the same output that it used to. I eventually pulled it down and after some troubleshooting, determined that the relay that controlled two of the interior heating elements appeared to have overheated, (melted spots on the case of the relay), and was no longer functioning.

The heater came with a one year warranty and I was outside that, so I tried googling the part number off the relay, looking for a replacement but had no hits. I then called the company that makes the Mr. Heater, and asked their customer service if I could order a new relay from them. After a bit of research, the very helpful CS representative I was dealing with reported that they didn't have the relay available for purchase. He then stated that seeings they didn't have the part available, and that it shouldn't have failed that way in the first place, (overheated and melted), he would provide an RMA for me to ship my heater back to the company. Upon receipt, they would ship me a new replacement heater at no cost to me. No requirement to use the original shipping box, only to pack it up and send it to them. I sent it off and expected to wait for weeks to receive a replacement. Lo and behold, the replacement showed up the week after my shipment of the original, much sooner than I expected.

It's great when you get that exemplary customer service and I just wanted to share with you, my experience with the Mr Heater brand.

Clint

That's great to hear. There are still good companies out there. We all should do more to support them.

Kudos for Mr. Heater!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

That is great Clint, not often you get service like that….Regards, Rod.

Love to hear these kinds of stories. I'm surprised at the quick turn-around given the sorry state of shipping these days.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

You can pass along that Mr. Heater probably made a sale because of this.
    I'll be moving into a new "shop" in a few months & will probably be putting in some heat.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon