Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Generator

Small Generator

Two things; first, how should I post a link? here are a couple of tries.

https://www.usbestsales.com/products...xoCX6cQAvD_BwE

lhttps://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjylIOh0fz2AhW7wsIEHWkJB-sYABAPGgJwdg&ae=2&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESbOD 2nLCoOk0zeyrXynDXZ5eORP2RzXAwYF7NfH8iPfrV5q9s95Z7s dCceNc7YvL49mf0FRQmYZvWMMz_12YvRMtHFeUBkAOTdpiStAM W3bSC_6fp2GHkRfjXVRkTSTQxjVKXd-xijy43dDLFHg&sig=AOD64_2MbwrFRWXTQu_geuNm13yGuuHrp w&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwiNqPqg0fz2AhVHJzQIHd61CP8Q 9aACegQIARBe&adurl=

Second, what I'd like to show you is the Ryobi propane powered 700 watt generator advertised for $79. If this price is right it seems like a great deal for almost anybody. Yes you have to add a propane tank. But in a power failure this would power a few lights, a tv set, maybe a furnace fan, chargers, camping stuff, lots of things. And it is going to start after years in storage because propane doesn't go stale like gasoline. If I didn't already have a whole house generator this would be in my cart already.

So I'd like to recommend it to my neighbors but would like some feedback if anyone has one.

That usbestsales is no way a legit site. I do really like the idea of a propane powered small generator. I'm in your camp though, we have a generac for the house.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

If you're going to post a link or email it to someone, delete the question mark in the first line and everything after it. The link will work without it (try it) but you won't be including any possible tracking or personal information.

For under $50 you can buy a three fuel carburetor for most small engines.
    Bill D.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    Yes you have to add a propane tank. But in a power failure this would power a few lights, a tv set, maybe a furnace fan, chargers, camping stuff, lots of things. And it is going to start after years in storage because propane doesn't go stale like gasoline. If I didn't already have a whole house generator this would be in my cart already.
    I've got a Champion 3400 Watt generator which is sold dual fuel ready - I've only run it on propane for the reasons you've mentioned. It's been good for what I need.

But I paid a LOT more than $79 for it! I'm not sure that you can find a legit deal for that price (if it sounds too good to be true...)

The same site that has the $79 generator also has $79 dishwashers that retail for hundreds of dollars. I'm pretty sure it's a scam site. These are popping up all over the place.

My generator is a Honda EU2200i that only runs on gasoline.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

There is no such generator for sale on Ryobi's or Home Depot's websites, nor on Amazon or eBay...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I'm 99.99% certain this is a fake web site. The domain was registered about 2 months ago. There are no customer reviews. Only 1 contact source - 1 email for the whole company. Their Shipping policy states "Note: All orders are sent from China."

About 6 months ago, a friend was suckered into buying a $600-$1200 multi-directional motorcycle stand that was $89. The ad was posted on his FB feed. The pictures all looked legit on the web site, but what arrived a month later was what looked like a plastic roller skate you would strap on your shoe with two thin velcro straps. I helped him out. The web site had stolen all the photos from the true multi-directional motorcycle stand web site. There was only 1 contact email throughout the whole web site. No customer reviews. The stand was no longer for sale on that web site. I gathered screen shots from Wayback Machine and from the legit site (dynamoto) to contest the charge. While the "plastic roller skate" was shipped from Virginia, the return process insisted the item had to be returned to China. That's where people give up. Paypal actually reimburses for return shipping on a dispute, so I sent the flimsy plastic piece back to China for $30 shipping fee. It took another month for my friend to receive his refund from PayPal. By then, the original web site had been re-directed to two different stores. I don't do FB, but my friend has since shown me several fake ads for a company reluctantly closing down and selling their "fabulous" garden art for pennies on the dollar. Yet all those ads point to different companies who are the sole source of creating this metal garden art and the further you dig into it, the people who fell for those ads received flimsy garden art that looked nothing like it.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    There is no such generator for sale on Ryobi's or Home Depot's websites, nor on Amazon or eBay...
    if you look up Ryi911lp it shows up on Ryobi’s website. Home Depot carries a generator with a different brand name that looks exactly like the Ryobi for $289.

I don't like propane. Gas is by far and away the easiest fuel to get when you really need it. The positive is propane stores much better than gasoline for long periods of time. But if your tank is almost empty and you need power you could be forced to overpay for the tank exchange option if not during business hours. As for super cheap prices, as much as I like a deal it's not worth taking a chance on an unknown website.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    if you look up Ryi911lp it shows up on Ryobi’s website. Home Depot carries a generator with a different brand name that looks exactly like the Ryobi for $289.
    I must be doing it wrong

ry.jpg
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    I must be doing it wrong

ry.jpg
    I did a Google search for it, not a search on Ryobi's website. The very first result on Google is the webpage on Ryobi's website: https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396019240

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    I did a Google search for it, not a search on Ryobi's website. The very first result on Google is the webpage on Ryobi's website: https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/46396019240

that link says coming soon. It does not say they have made any.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    that link says coming soon. It does not say they have made any.
    There are 61 reviews so it appeared they made some. I suspect it was discontinued. If you search the Ryobi part number on Google you’ll find a link to what appears to be the same generator under a different brand name on Homedepot.com.

Yeah, it sounded too good to be true. Glad I didn't jump on it or recommend it. The usual solutions still look best.