Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tree/Shrub Leaf Identification Help

Contact your local agriculture extension office - they should have someone who can ID this stuff and probably give advice on what's invasive and what's not, and how to handle the stuff that is.

If you don't know how to contact your local extension office, check with the university that runs them:

Kentucky

Virginia

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Ragatz View Post
    Contact your local agriculture extension office - they should have someone who can ID this stuff and probably give advice on what's invasive and what's not, and how to handle the stuff that is.

If you don't know how to contact your local extension office, check with the university that runs them:

Kentucky

Virginia
    I had an appointment scheduled. The representatives from the extension offices in Kentucky are "extension assistants." That said, he seemed fairly knowledgeable in general things about plants and trees. He was unsure of the species of Maple from the volunteer trees in the photos but provided a guide to help discern the exact species. He also provided information on what to do in areas where the former owner planted trees three feet apart. I don't enjoy cutting down trees, but it's for the best.

Apparently, the extension assistants no longer go out in the field to help with properties.

Blog Entries
    Post 12 looks like maple. Post 1 does not.
    A place for everything, everything in its place. It takes lots of maintenance. My sister let some trees get too big too near the house. For unwanted trees, I cut close to the ground and treat the stump with Tordon. I apply a few drops with a foam brush.

IMG_20160707_135641876.jpg
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 06-01-2022 at 6:45 PM.
    Best Regards, Maurice