Thread: Can you shoot a pvc board on a shooting board?

Can you shoot a pvc board on a shooting board?

Can you shoot a pvc board on a shooting board? I have a home improvement project coming up and PVC might be the material of choice, IF I can shoot the end. Anybody try such a silly thing??

I havent tried pvc but I have planed acryllic. It worked fine. I dont know why it wouldnt work on pvc. But it will be interesting to see what others know.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I’ve planed acrylic sheets on a shooting board for a small picture frame project and it worked perfectly. I too think it would work fine on PVC.

I've shot UWMV, which is similar. No issues at all - other than making a mess with feathery shavings.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Thanks everyone!

Blog Entries
    Good luck Chris, as Derek said it can be messy. Besides that the material is likely to have more static than anything you've worked with before.

You may want to have a few large sheets of paper under your work to make clean up easier.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)