Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Altendorf scoring blade not retracting?

Quote Originally Posted by John Pendery View Post
    As David mentioned above my saw uses compressed air to raise the scoring blade. It also uses air to lock/unlock the rip fence, and if I forget to turn the switch on the fence off it sometimes keeps the scoring blade from raising fully. What I’m trying to get at is if your saw uses air, any leaks or insufficient pressure could be something to check.
    John, I do not this is the case with an Altendorf saw, there is a shaft that rotates that lowers and raises the scoring saw...I will keep looking...thank you for response....I know there are some experiences F-45 Altendorf people on this forum.

Right on, Brian. I was hoping maybe Altendorf and Martin shared some similarities, and it was a simple connect to air supply fix, but probably shouldn’t have weighed in not owning that saw! Hope you find a solution quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Dubie View Post
    John, I do not this is the case with an Altendorf saw, there is a shaft that rotates that lowers and raises the scoring saw...I will keep looking...thank you for response....I know there are some experiences F-45 Altendorf people on this forum.
    What year is your saw? Mine is a ‘92 and came with a wrench that looks like a big nut driver that fits the end of that shaft for raising and lowering.
    Steve Jenkins, McKinney, TX. 469 742-9694
    Always use the word "impossible" with extreme caution

I have an 2003 F45 which from time to time has had the same thing happen, my Altendorf dealer Normand Machinery told me what and how to do it. If my memory is correct with the saw running power the scoring saw down using the down button on the scoring panel then shut off the saw. Restart the saw and power up the scoring saw using the up button on the scoring panel then shut off the saw. The scoring blade should retract now. It should work from then on, this has happened a couple times over the years. Hope this helps!

Steve, mine is 2001...I have a big wrench for the main blade...thanks

John, wow...I will try....Thank you!

John, I am grateful..tried it, no luck so far, any chance the dealer sent you written instructions? thank you Brian

Steve, I was wrong mine is 96....I will investigate...thanks!

Blog Entries
    Sounds like it’s in the box. Fuse, etc. is it getting a signal?

Brian,
    I'll look in my Owners Manual for the instructions, no email, it was on a phone call but I made notes. I'll also do the procedure on my saw before I reply so I know I have it correct.

John, awesome...thanks. Brian

John Any luck with your notes? thanks Brian

Brian,
    I finally got to redo it on my saw. With the main blade running push the OK button ( light should light up ) on the scoring saw panel hold the up button to raise the scoring blade to the very top, then press the OK button. Immediately after hold the down button on the scoring panel to lower the scoring blade all the way to the bottom, then push the OK button. Shot off the main saw, turn off the master switch and leave off for a couple minutes. Turn the master back on start the main saw and the scoring saw, the scoring saw should come up to the very top and when you shut off the saw it should retract.

John, thank you, I will try it. Brian