Thread: Ridge Carbide TK 40T combo blade

Ridge Carbide TK 40T combo blade

When woodpecker's had a sale on the Ridge Carbide blade, I bought one. When it arrived, I was surprised to find the blade does not have Ridge carbide etched on it anywhere. The blade has no info on it at all. Totally naked of any info. I wrote woodpeckers and received no response. I wrote Ridge Carbide website and got an email from the president. He asked for pictures of both sides of the blade. I sent them. His response was that they are using a new etching system 18 months ago., and sent me info on their sharpening service. I looked on the website and the blade has ridge carbide on it. My blade has nothing at all on it. It could be any blade at all, from who the heck knows where. Someone could have switched a junk blade into my order and kept the original ridge carbide. HAs anyone else had trouble/issues with ridge carbide. ? I was under the impression that they were very good suppliers of excellent blades. I feel like I'm being gaslighted.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

I just got a note from the president. I looked at the blade again under very bright light, and had to tilt it to see barely discernable markings. It appears it is a Ridge carbide. The etching is so light, it is almost impossible to see. I mentioned to him the blade was very dirty on our first email exchange. That was another reason I thought it might not be a real RC blade. I have never gotten a blade in over 45 yrs of woodworking that was so dirty. Usually they are bright and shiny and clean. He advised me they use a coating that collects dust. After cleaning it and tilting it I can now see the very light etching.
    Last edited by Michelle Rich; 09-14-2022 at 7:59 AM.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Blog Entries
    Glad you got that settled. Odd that the name wouldn't be super obvious.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

yes, I have never seen one like it either. Just to finish this post. Woodpeckers sent me an email this morning telling me all of RC blades come like that. no big name of company and what the blade is. Woodpecker's said if I was not satisfied, they would take it back. So both companies answered my inquiry and got the issue settled. I am satisfied.

I've used Ridge blades for decades, never had any "light etching" but that being said they did switch owners in the past couple years and the etching has changed........I have used the newer "Kansas" blades and they are the same high quality. I sent a couple out for sharpening...and they returned razor sharp and with my name etched on them! It's a family owned/run business...as before when John Ferrie owned them in NJ, ...so when you call/email with an issue..it gets their full attention. John is still active with the company but the pandemic has put a hold on many of the shows....

Holbren Precision Cutting Tools have the Ridge blades on sale with free shipping over $75 (no affiliation or kick backs, just appreciate and support small, good companies) owner, Brian also a very nice person...again small business with good service been using them for years....Hard to get on phone (one man office) but Brian will solve any issues....good place to get BYRD heads and cutters too!

Quote Originally Posted by joe maday View Post
    Holbren Precision Cutting Tools have the Ridge blades on sale with free shipping over $75 (no affiliation or kick backs, just appreciate and support small, good companies) owner, Brian also a very nice person...again small business with good service been using them for years....Hard to get on phone (one man office) but Brian will solve any issues....good place to get BYRD heads and cutters too!
    Also the only place I buy Whiteside router bits. To echo what Joe said, great service with reasonable pricing. What else can you ask for?