Thread: Supermax 1632

Supermax 1632

I got a new toy today. A Supermax 1632 drum sander. Seems to be a well built machine, but it's the first time I have ever used one, so what do I know. I do have a question for anyone who has one of these sanders. Is the feed motor suppose to turn off when you turn the sander off? Mine does not. Maybe I am not understanding the manual correctly. It say the plug in for the feed motor is "switched".
    Thanks Greg20220924_095932.jpg
    Last edited by Greg Wieskamp; 09-24-2022 at 12:37 PM.

I have the 25-50. There are two switches. One is the dial which turns the speed of the feed. If you turn it all the way to the left it turns off. The other is the flip switch in the front which turns the rollers on and off.

I have the 16/32 and on mine there are two switches. One for the drum and one for the feed belt.

Yup...drum motor and feed motor are separate controls and the latter has a speed control, too. This isn't just a SuperMax feature. My previous drum sander with a different brand name operated the same way.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Talking

Another new toy came in. As they say, "The only difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys" A Grizzly 15" planer, with a helical head. I also bought the cart to go under it.20221014_160053.jpg