Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The House That Norm Built - on PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    Im always amused by the tremendous number of handheld machines Norm has. I swear he has a router for every router bit. I thought it would be fun for him to step over to his fluoroscope to check an old board for nails.
    Don't suggest it!

If you are in the Denver area, the Norm program will air on Channel 6-KRMA-on Saturday October 8 at 3:30pm.

This was a great show. It showed a very tender side of Norm. At one point he became very emotional and couldn't speak for a little while.
    He inspired me when I first started woodworking and built some of the things he built. Taught me not to give up and to be able to solve my own problems when things went wrong as they sometimes do.

Thanks for posting about this, I wouldn't have otherwise known about it.

I took up woodworking in the early 90's and Norm's show was a big inspiration. This retrospective brought back a lot of memories. I'm still amazed Norm and the producers were able to pack as much instruction as they did into 30 minutes.

There was something special about Norm's patient, quiet kind of confidence. I can't even imagine him screwing something up and cursing or flinging a piece of wood across the shop.
    I've often wondered if things like that happened and were edited out, but something tells me they didn't.

It was a good show. I managed to catch some of it!

I strung together some old speaker wire for an antenna and managed to pick up a PBS channel over the air.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

I'm not sure what Roku is or why this works, but here's a link to it: https://therokuchannel.roku.com/watc...bb8fb06e805ee6

Thanks a million for posting the link Dan. I missed the show and was totally bummed till I watched it today with your link.

Quote Originally Posted by michael langman View Post
    Thanks a million for posting the link Dan. I missed the show and was totally bummed till I watched it today with your link.
    Agreed. Thanks Dan