Thread: Jewery Box & End Table

Jewery Box & End Table

Hi,

Two of my most recent projects. The end table is Curly Maple & Cherry. The Jewery Box is Walnut and Curly Maple. Both were a fun project.

001.jpg007.jpg002.jpg

Blog Entries
    Both projects are very nice. I like the design of the jewelry box. The curly maple is great looking.

Tell us more about the construction and finishing.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Just gotta love Curly Maple!

Really like the table. I'd like to see a few more shots of the jewelery box from other angles to better understand the design - side, back, maybe just the carcass without drawers. (I'm always looking for new ideas and might like to "borrow" some from your design, if you don't mind.)
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Just gotta love Curly Maple!

Really like the table. I'd like to see a few more shots of the jewelery box from other angles to better understand the design - side, back, maybe just the carcass without drawers. (I'm always looking for new ideas and might like to "borrow" some from your design, if you don't mind.)
    The jewery box was a gift for my daughter and already shipped, she lives in AZ and I'm in SC. The plans for the box came from Wood magazine from October 2005. The finish is my go to General Arm R Seal satin. The table is from Wood magazine November 2008. They made it out of all cherry. I love the curly maple/cherry combo. I will be building a dresser and Lingerie next.

The jewery case is made from tounge and groove pieces. The draws have a groove that fits into runners. The hinge was from Lee Valley. I used what they suggested in the plans.
    Last edited by Mike Congiusti; 10-02-2022 at 3:33 PM.

Blog Entries
    Very Elegant! Gifts for loved ones are enjoyable projects.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Blog Entries
    Beautifully done. I love the subtle asymmetry of the jewelry box pulls. Cherry and curly maple are a favorite with me. Love the walnut contrast as well.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Blog Entries
    Will there be any jokes about wooden lingerie?
    Best Regards, Maurice