Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust Collection Upgrade Needed. Harvey 700 vs 800?

Hey Chris. Not everyone has $5k+ and space to implement a big 5HP 16" impeller dust collector. The market has products for all price points.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Hall View Post

I'm looking at the Harvey units, but must admit having poor understanding of how different stats work. At first glance, It doesn't look like these units would have a significant increase in flow, but I'm assuming that there is something critical that I don't understand about dust collection and am hoping someone can help me out with that.

I'm leaning towards the Harvey because of how loud/quiet it is. That's a critical consideration in my situation.

Finally, I'm struggling to understand if there is value in the 800 over the 700. There doesn't seem to be a large change in CFM but I'm wondering if a core part of my misunderstanding in dust collection relates to HP and the 3hp will be far better than 2?

Greatly appreciate the input and assistance!

i had a similiar situation. I went with the 800 because i like the design/layout a bit more, the automatic filter cleaning and other fancy features, and there was a serious improvement over the 700 in the power curve/static pressure gains. I have a fairly large duct plant that i segment with metal ivac ports. I havent had any issues with big chip producers or power as others have. Static pressure on thr 800 is good. Dont focus too much on impeller size. When i am doing big chip jobs i fill up the bin quickly, but it has 3 bins for different size chips and i only empty one. I like that the bags arent too big and its fast to change. I didnt want a 50g drum. I had a specific space available that would fit the 800. If you want it to be under something, go with thr 700 (like a table).

good luck!

Please forgive errors, sent from mobile.
    Last edited by derek labian; 11-03-2022 at 3:52 PM.