Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Valley 2nds Sale

Lee Valley 2nds Sale

Anyone queue up and grab something?
    I finally bit the bullet and ordered a RH PMV-11 shooting plane. Pretty stoked.

Queued, but didn't really find anything this year. (Shows how successful I've been at previous 2nds sales, I guess. )

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    Queued, but didn't really find anything this year. (Shows how successful I've been at previous 2nds sales, I guess. )
    That's probably not a bad thing at all.

Picked up a round spokeshave. Was hoping for a small or medium router to be listed.

argh, David! I had a round spokeshave in my cart and after i entered my card info to complete the transaction it was sold out. I thought the selection was pretty decent.

I got a DX-60 block plane and RH edge plane, the edge plane was an impulse buy. I had a Scrub plane in my cart but it vanished before checkout. I was hoping they might have some PM-V11 chisels available, i've been wanting to get one or two to try out without paying full price.

man I missed it

I looked, but didn’t buy anything- which I already went in to it knowing I wasn’t going to buy. I have to be pretty tight with money at the moment, so it would’ve had to be a screaming deal on something I desperately wanted to make me pry my card out of my wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Betker View Post
    I was hoping they might have some PM-V11 chisels available, i've been wanting to get one or two to try out without paying full price.
    I was also surprised to see them not there. They had a fair selection last year if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    man I missed it
    Yeah - things move pretty quickly....stressful for staff too....

Still some good stuff left though!

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post
    argh, David! I had a round spokeshave in my cart and after i entered my card info to complete the transaction it was sold out. I thought the selection was pretty decent.
    Sorry about that. I tried to get in and out quick.

This was the only time I was able to log on, which surprised me to no end! Did not find anything I wanted or needed, but in the "clearance/closeout" section of the web site, I did find and order a dozen gardening gloves for The Squeeze.

Since I am unfamiliar with the seconds sales, how are the seconds listed? Do you need to find what you want and hope there are some seconds, or are the seconds listed in a separately? Could be I spent too much time looking for and at things and the seconds were all sold out. Maybe the next sale, I will be more prepared and successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    ... Still some good stuff left though! ...
    Not so much now. (One plane type, one saw type, 2 miniature planes and bench pups.) Great deals, if you're looking for those items, but....

Also, I've got to admit the queuing software you're using works really well. But it's removed all the fun we had the "good old days" seeing how many times we could crash your site!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Newman View Post
    ... Since I am unfamiliar with the seconds sales, how are the seconds listed? ....
    They have a separate page with the seconds listed. You never know what it'll be. Go to the main page and click the banner. The page is still up, but with most of this years items showing as sold out.

Dave Bassett: thanks, found it. Some very good prices on the planes. The large router plane, Imperial blades, and box would have called my name had I earlier found the correct page.

Quote Originally Posted by David Bassett View Post
    (snip) But it's removed all the fun we had the "good old days" seeing how many times we could crash your site! :)

(snip)

Groan - I sure don't miss that......It's an insane amount of simultaneous traffic - and it challenges the API's that talk to the main system.

Turned the rest of my hair grey, and caused the grey ones to fall out.....

A few hiccups today - took some inadvertent back-orders when the sold-out function took a break - but we'll put that right for those customers.

For those that missed out - remember discounted gift cards are sold on cyber Monday - kind of an "anytime you want in the future sale.... applicable to all Veritas product.....and most other product (can't use these gift cards on things llike Festool and other MAP governed lines).

Cheers -

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Lee View Post
    Groan - I sure don't miss that......It's an insane amount of simultaneous traffic - and it challenges the API's that talk to the main system. ...
    I'm sorry if I triggered PTSD or anything.

I can chuckle over your website trouble because (1) it wasn't my business, and (2) I'm retired from the computer industry where product launch troubles like you had are relatively minor. To survive you quickly learn to laugh about problems as soon as you figure out a fix. If you haven't gotten over the last one, the next crisis will kill you.