Thread: No Grizzly on Amazon

Question No Grizzly on Amazon

A couple of my wish list items disappeared today. No picture, no price, no name. It took me awhile, but I realized it was blades for my 15" bandsaw. I worried that maybe I wouldn't be able to get them anymore since Grizzly stopped selling that saw. Then I left for supper

This evening I thought I would check it out and not a single Grizzly item showed up. They were still listed as a vendor to sort tools by, by when I clicked on it, I got Mikita instead.

I noticed earlier that Bench dog has almost no items available out of the 44 listed. The router table for my table saw is in my shopping cart and periodically changes price, but not availability.

Sounds like something is up, as was hinted in a Tormek thread a little while ago.
    Bb

I just did a search for Grizzly on Amazon.com and found 628 items in the Tools & Hardware section. Also, if you go to the "Tools & Hardware" page on Amazon.com, and click on the Grizzly logo, it will take you to a page featuring Grizzly items on Amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by David Tucker
    I just did a search for Grizzly on Amazon.com and found 628 items in the Tools & Hardware section. Also, if you go to the "Tools & Hardware" page on Amazon.com, and click on the Grizzly logo, it will take you to a page featuring Grizzly items on Amazon.com
    I went there adn I actually clicked on a catagory (bandsaws) and the "No match found" page came up with the rest of the page showing a list of Grizzly items. None of those links worked, I was always taken back to the same page. Maybe Grizzly has disappeared?
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

I thought maybe it was your cookies, but I see similar results. Could be a system issue or grizz made some changes to their web site that the A9 search engine is puking on.

Best bet is to try again later.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    I went there adn I actually clicked on a catagory (bandsaws) and the "No match found" page came up with the rest of the page showing a list of Grizzly items. None of those links worked, I was always taken back to the same page. Maybe Grizzly has disappeared?
    go here for bandsaws

http://www.minimax-usa.com/index.html

I think something screwy is going on with the amazon site. Some things are not apearing on the page. Like shopping cart, account, etc. at the top of the pages. But on other pages they show up just as always.
    If it don't fit, get a bigger hammer.

Same results here. Hmm, first Tormek, now Grizzly. Sounds like Amazon is squeezing manufacturers a bit to increase their profits. Combine that to poor CS and I'm starting to feel like I'm in wally world.

Hopefully the manufacturers are getting smart and putting their product in brick & mortar stores. Better customer service and get to talk to something besides a computer.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Heppeard
    Hopefully the manufacturers are getting smart and putting their product in brick & mortar stores. Better customer service and get to talk to something besides a computer.

??????????It's Grizzly. We already shop from a catalog??????
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios
    ??????????It's Grizzly. We already shop from a catalog??????
    Ok...I know that most companies sell all over the place. I just hate buying on the net, because I can't pick it up and look it over before I buy. If I have a problem (damage on arrival or warrantee issue) I usually have to go through the half hour phone drill just to get to talk to a real person.

Some of us live hundreds of miles from the brick and mortar stores that sell such things. I would really like to buy an accurate square so I can adjust the Incra 1000SE miter gauge that showed up on my doorstep this week (not an amazon purchase), but at best the nearest one I could go see is 70 miles away, others more like 160-275. So far I have been very fortunate in my on line purchases and haven't had to return anything. I haven't bought any big machinery sight unseen though.

Oh, yeah, I guess the PC 895 is going to have to go somewhere, but that isn't Amazon's fault (indeed, they sent me an email telling me about the recall). I have been really leery about on-line lumber purchases because that is one thing I really want to see. I have made many purchases of small figured wood from that auction site, but I see pictures of exactly what I am bidding for and so far they have been accurate.

The only reason I have purchased Grizzly on Amazon is because I was buying something else at the time and it is easier to put it all in one shopping cart. Most of my Grizzly purchases have been spare parts for an old bandsaw and those require direct phone calls.
    Bb

and now grizzly is back.

My guess: updating Amazon to the new 2006 Grizzly catalog.