Thread: JessEm Router available for preorder + neat video

JessEm Router available for preorder + neat video

https://jessem.com/products/jessems-...le-control-box

The new version of the Pow-R-Tek (the SR which they designed). Fun video and nicely built.

Hard to see the reason to "upgrade" if you already have a router in your router table that's working well.

$499

That is tempting, even with the price tag. I always liked the idea of external control, but the reviews on the 1st version weren’t very favorable with speed control failures almost inevitable.
    The woodpeckers spin rite was on my radar for a table router, but I might take a back seat for a while and see what the reviews are like for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grund View Post
    That is tempting, even with the price tag. I always liked the idea of external control, but the reviews on the 1st version weren’t very favorable with speed control failures almost inevitable.
    The woodpeckers spin rite was on my radar for a table router, but I might take a back seat for a while and see what the reviews are like for this.
    I have the woodpeckers spin rite in my woodpeckers router table and it's worked very well for me. I was going to get a Jessem setup but it was backordered for ever when I was ready to upgrade. I wonder how well the remote speed will be - that would be great if it works really well.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

Use a CNC spindle and a VFD, the reuslt will be the same and if it is a water cooled spindle it will be a lot less noisy as well.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Parks View Post
    Use a CNC spindle and a VFD, the reuslt will be the same and if it is a water cooled spindle it will be a lot less noisy as well.
    From a cost standpoint, the 499 looks like a good deal compared to the water cooled cnc spindle
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
    From a cost standpoint, the 499 looks like a good deal compared to the water cooled cnc spindle
    The cost of a commercially bought lift might change that, as well as removing the lift from under the top which is a huge advantage. Don't get me wrong, I commend them for finally realising that a conventional hand held router in a table was never a good idea and now with any sort of spindle different approaches can be taken. Using a spindle that is not attached to the top allows custom tops to be easily used and they can be made from different materials as well. I think over time the spindle will kill the router lift as we know it but that won't happen in five minutes. Making a lift for this spindle should cost around a hundred dollars.
    Last edited by Chris Parks; 11-03-2022 at 9:10 AM.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening