Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curved jaw pliers

Curved jaw pliers

Would like to buy another pair of these pliers, preferably larger. I have had this pair my entire adult life and cannot find a source to buy more. The curved jaws are incredibly useful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

They look a lot like the crescent AN connector pliers, although those have plastic inserts on the jaws. Might be worth a look though.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Oil filter pliers. water pump pliers.
    BilL D

I searched around online and cant find that type. I found used 'Bokers" but nothing in that style and nothing new. Sorry Robert.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Look through the Knipex lineup.

Go on the Bay and search BOKER USA 3 Position Pliers L3

Regards,

PCG

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    Those are close but have a plastic lined jaw so they do not scratch gun parts. $50 a pair also!! Thanks for the link anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Glover View Post
    Go on the Bay and search BOKER USA 3 Position Pliers L3

Regards,

PCG
    That is an exact match. Thanks. They look rusty but I cannot be too choosy as it looks like they are an extinct type of pliers. I have searched from time to time over the years and have never found another pair. You would be amazed at how useful the curved jaw is. Even useful in the kitchen for opening tight jar lids. The pliers will grip up to a 3" diameter lid.

Take a look at the Knipex 81-01-250 pliers. They appear to be very similar.

Rusty? throw them in a bucket of EDTA and water, let sit for a week, wipe off rust with a nylon scrubbing pad. EDTA will not harm plating or paint. It will not embrittle steel. EDTA is safe enough to eat, and some people do.
    Bill D

This has been helpful for me too. I just bought one of the last pairs for $19.99. I think there is still one more available.
    They do look very handy to have around as I do not have a pair of pliers with large curved jaws.

Regards,

PCG

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Glover View Post
    I just bought one of the last pairs for $19.99. I think there is still one more available.
    I think you got the last one, or maybe someone just after you. You will most likely not use them all that often but when you do you will be glad you bought them. The pair I believe you bought looks to have a notch in one of the jaws. My original pair does not have the notch.

I bought the rusty pair on Ebay so I have my second pair. Or will have when it arrives.

Bill D, what is EDTA?

Blog Entries
    Channellock makes a curved jaw plier right here in the USA. They will replace any plier that breaks during normal use. Cheaters or abused from using it as a hammer will void the warranty. I worked for them for 3 years as their head of engineering. I have no financial interest, they just make really good pliers.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute