Thread: Griggio PF 400 Jointer

Griggio PF 400 Jointer

I recently acquired a Griggio PF 400 Jointer (was actually at a scrappers). I bought it for $440! I am now cleaning it up as it was outside in rain over about 3-4 days from what the scrapper told me (was just removed from a working shop that closed). I have searched and have seen a couple old posts on the Jointer. Wondering if anyone might have a manual they can send or to point me in the right direction. The tables are not adjusting and I believe will have to take them apart to clean everything up, to free them up. It's a 1985 model, 6.6hp 3-phase motor. I has a 5 blade cutter head. Any info / insites into this jointer I would appreciate it. As Griggio shutdown several years ago. So no information from them is available as far as I know.

Post some pictures. I used to operate a more recent Laguna (rebadged Griggio) 400mm jointer which was a parallellogram design with 4 eccentric bushings holding up each table. If yours is similar you will want to start by removing the cover panels and squirting penetrating oil (PB Blaster or similar) on the table supports and adjustment linkages followed by heat and vibration to break them loose. If that is successful and they move easily you may not need to dismantle them any further. I'm not sure what means you have to turn the bushings but be careful - if notched it is tempting to drive them with a punch but a proper fitting spanner will cause less damage.

I have the manual saved and it opens fine but dont know how to post it. I tried to copy and paste the link on here and its too long and wont work. If you want to send me a PM and give me an email address ill send it as an attachment.
    Last edited by Warren Lake; 11-03-2022 at 11:09 AM.

$440 is a great deal! Well done.
    As Kevin says I would avoid dismantling the machine right now. Try to free and lubricate the cams and see where you are after that.
    And post some pictures!