Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Michigan Creekers: February 25th Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Young
    Can we take your tractor out and play in the dirt? If so I'll bring my overalls so I look the part.
    Uhhh, no Jim. Steve's tractor will be busy that day. See above.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ash
    Okay, I know there are other woodworkers here from Michigan, so I'm bumping this up. Remember this is open to any Creeker, so some of you guys from Northern Indiana, Ohio, etc. might also be interested in attending. John would be more than happy to add your name to the list. Also if there is anyone that wants to come to my place (shop) after Johnsons tour, I'll be happy to have visitors. Might even have a ice cold beverage to wet your whistle after all the sawdust at Johnsons waiting for you...
    An ice cold beverage? Just might have to take you up on that offer Steve.
    Reporting live from somewhere near Kalamazoo

Thanks fella's

I'm just not sure about this airplane ride stuff Karl keeps talking about. Man, hasn't he heard about the energy prices rising and all that? Karl, you have any idea how much fuel a Lear burns through??? Sheeesh...Some people. Naw, for me, just send that stretched Hummer limo and all is good! I'll even share with Karl, Frank and Sudsy. So, when should we expect it??? I'm assuming dress will be casual??? Thanks guys! You're the greatest!
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    Sheeesh...Some people. Naw, for me, just send that stretched Hummer limo and all is good! I'll even share with Karl, Frank and Sudsy. So, when should we expect it??? I'm assuming dress will be casual??? Thanks guys! You're the greatest!
    John,
    I think all that cheese between your eardrums has finally impeded your thought process.....where did anyone say they were sending a hummer???
    Last edited by Steve Ash; 02-06-2006 at 5:57 PM.

John,
    I think all that cheese between your eardrums has finally impeded your thought process.....where did anyone say they were sending a hummer???

BTW, where did you ever find such a nasty avatar???
    Oh, it's not going to be a Hummer??? Well then, one of those nice extended Escalades? A Caddy or Lincoln? Actually, any of them would be OK! No? How about a '76 Impala with FM stereo and an 8-track? What's that you say??? "Get on your 10-speed and peddle your fat xyz out here yourself!" Gee Steve, I thought you was nicer than that!!!

The avatar??? That was Andy's fault. Blame it on him! BTW, where did you come up with your present mug shot???
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!

Quote Originally Posted by John Miliunas
    How about a '76 Impala with FM stereo and an 8-track?

The avatar??? That was Andy's fault. Blame it on him! BTW, where did you come up with your present mug shot???
    I hate to admit it, but I spent many a night cruising in my friends parents 76 Impala with a 8 track tape player.....and had a few hangovers the next day.

About mug shots....I spent a lot of time in the northern woods hunting deer, this was taken on one of my better days. J/K

ash haulin

well john i really think they should take up a collection to have you come over to steves afternoon party. i was just there last night for a miracle cure session and cant belive what the (messiah ash) can do for a decriped old man like myself, when i got there i couldnt walk when i left i was running. halluegha
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

I spent a lot of time in the northern woods hunting deer, this was taken on one of my better days. J/K
    They let you out of the woods looking like that. I thought they have northern wood police or something to prevent youpers from escaping.

On another note, I have begun the process of building a means to fling several cheeseheads accross the lake so we may attend the party. Or at least do a little tool shopping.

I have two 50' poles ordered from "Poles r Us". These will be sunk in the ground about 15' somewhere on the western shore of the lake. I am still researching a place to purchase industrial strength rubber bands however. I figure there could be as many as 6-8 of us "flying" in.

Perhaps you can already envision this means of mass travel. I will need the approximate distance from the eastern shore of the lake to a location within, oh, say 50 yards of your place. Tensioning has to be precise or we may fall short or worse yet, end up in Lake Huron. Or Canada.

Of couse, I'm also working on the logistics of the return trip. That could prove a little more challenging as we'll be bucking the prevailing jet stream. Perhaps Pesh could hook us up with some fire extinguishers to use as rockets for the return trip.

Well, that's what I've got so far. How's it looking?

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Karl, building a trebuchet would be easier, plus it's mobile. We could use it to launch Steve and Larry your way.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup
    Tensioning has to be precise or we may fall short or worse yet, end up in Lake Huron. Or Canada.
    Better warn Frank Pellow!

Karl, building a trebuchet would be easier, plus it's mobile. We could use it to launch Steve and Larry your way.
    i think the weight restrictions are in effect over there, and karls invention costs could be better used for a bus ticket for those cheese heads to come our way. karl you been building to much house your mind is slipping into builditis. very disasterous diesease man you guys are making my horn tootin visit hurt that much more
    If in Doubt? Build it Stought!

Hey guys, I gotta back out.

My wife is going in for knee surgery next thursday and will be in full recovery mode for 3-4 weeks. I'll have to sit this one out.

Jim,

Tell the lady we'll be thinking of her and we all hope she gets up and at-em real soon.

John
    John Bailey
    Sawmill Creek is a member supported forum. Click here to donate.

We could use it to launch Steve and Larry your way.
    Sounds like you are trying to get rid of us......

Sounds like you are trying to get rid of us......
    Don't worry, I catch you guys! Now, where'd I put that stupid fish net???
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas