Thread: Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

Creeker's Past Week's Accomplishments

21 Nov 2022

Greetings,
    Finally got the white oak kitchen table finished.
    taylor_white_oak_table.jpg

Table is 41" wide x 92" long x 1.75" thick.
    Finish is Odies Oil as per customer requirement.

Had Thanksgiving dinner early so family members could eat together for the 1st time in years.
    Started working on the nightstands to match the bed I made my #2 son.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past week?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

The xmas trivet project is progressing.

Made a little rack for sharpening stones- been trying to come up with a good design for some time, but ended up making something kind of klutzy and crude, but it will do the job. Scrap cedar that has stain samples on it.

Drove an hour plus to acquire a tool that I didn't need but couldn't resist.

IMG_3699.jpegIMG_3705.jpegIMG_3706.jpegIMG_3710.jpgIMG_3701.jpeg

Beautiful table, Dennis!!!

Busy week for me...finished up the mini split install, got the speakers hung and as of this evening, the drywall is also up in the new shop building. One of these days I'll be able to start doing some actual "woodworking", although I suspect much of it will revolved around fitting out the shop interior details.

Oh, and in an insane fit of trying to be useful to the community, I'm now on the Borough Planning Commission.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 11-22-2022 at 10:36 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

After spending most of last fall and spring on remodeling projects, and most of the summer and early fall on outside stuff, I finally made it back into the shop. I had a lot of cleaning and organizing to do, and then knocked out a few quick shop projects (thread in projects). Also redid the dust collection setup on my drill press as I wasn't happy with the old setup. I started selecting stock for a console bookcase a while ago and will now return to that project.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

As with most of us in our age group, had a doctor's appointment. Doesn't "in our age group" sound so much better than old folks? Raked pine straw from friend's yard to mulch under trees where wife had me remove leaves earlier. Baked a couple of chocolate chess pies for a bake sale. Lady from our church bought one pie, and later served it at birthday dinner for another class member. One of the ladies recognized the pie at dinner as one I had baked and donated. Finished cleaning out garden, cut back hostas and mulched them in, raked back yard, and cut grass one last time. Winterized power washer and removed seasonal spigots. Bought 160# of sweet potatoes for $0.25 a pound, plus turkey for $0.29 a pound. Sweet potatoes keep for a year when kept above 55 degrees. Friday night, wife and I went out to dinner, it's been a long time since we did that. Finished putting away last of stuff from State Fair ministry. Got the heat going in the shop, along with humidifier in house. Went to church on Sunday. Busy week, never a dull moment.

Started planning our 50th Anniversary dinner. I'm cooking at the Synagogue where I work (easier for my wife to navigate the ramps, and closer to our home).
    Did the "final" touch ups on the small tables I'm building for my daughter. Tomorrow I'll start the first coat of finish, attach the back and once 2nd coat is dried, put on the top and deliver it.
    filling and sanding the walls of our late son's bedroom, getting ready for the floor refinishers to come on Dec. 14 to redo the Fir floors; planning on making it into a a little media room/occasional bedroom for guests.
    Still finishing the outside staircases' landing in composite material at the Synagogue where I actually worship. Hopefully wednesday/Thursday.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Aaron, it's a wonderful thing to face a 50th anniversary! Celebrate with gusto!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...