Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Story about the Story, Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer

[QUOTE=Maurice Mcmurry;3290154]Good old Gene Autry! I have to love a Cowboy who champions an under dog. Especially when said Cowboy can Ride, Shoot, and Play guitar !

Maurice , it’s all coming back to you …..the horses name was “Champion”. The under -dogs lasted longer when they they ran BESIDE
    the horse , not under it !

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Mel Fulks;3290171]
    Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Mcmurry View Post
    Good old Gene Autry! I have to love a Cowboy who champions an under dog. Especially when said Cowboy can Ride, Shoot, and Play guitar !

Maurice , it’s all coming back to you …..the horses name was “Champion”. The under -dogs lasted longer when they they ran BESIDE
    the horse , not under it !
    ""
    Its way before my time. I remember Dad talking about and quoting his cowboy heros. He still uses some of those quotes. "Easy Trigger" has been his gentle reprimand for excessive and misguided zeal, spoken just before delivering a lesson on the proper way to do a job.
    Best Regards, Maurice

Another Christmas type "song" was from the mind of Tom Kelly - creator of Pogo.
    https://groovyhistory.com/deck-us-al...charlie-pogo/5

This was playing on the radio during Christmas time of 1950-something - somewhere between 1955 and 1960 - and I was right "cheek deep" in a case of the mumps. I remember it hurt really bad and it really hurt to laugh, but, I laughed at this song despite that.

Pogo and the ads for Olde Frothingslosh got me through the mumps.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon